Sunday, April 26, 2009

Top 5 for "AI" 4/26/09

Hello,

Here's my Top 5 following Disco week. By the way the rest of my review of this past week's show should be coming soon. Let's hope this is the last Disco week ever. While I was writing my list I was thinking how did Lil last so long? She survived longer than Megan Corkrey, Alexis Grace, Mishavonna Henson and other superior singers. Now its time to get rid of Danny Gokey. Off the list from last week are Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai.

5) Adam Lambert (LW: 1) After a fantastic performance the previous week, he resumed roller coaster ride with a terrible performance. He changed Yvonne Elliman's "If I Can't Have You" to be a completely different song. It's the kind of different that's not good. His "Born To Be Wild" was fantastic, followed by the lame "If I Can't Have You". I'm listening to the original of that song now and it's not as good as I remember, but it's far superior to Lambert's horrible cover. I don't get why that performance received so much praise. I've accepted that he's probably going to win.

4) Kris Allen (LW: 5) Another performance that was over hyped. A very lame remake of Donna Summer's "She Works Hard For The Money". I'm not sure what his fans see in him, because he bores me to tears. He's this year's David Archuletta and that ain't a good thing. His performance was a lot better than David Archuleta's song the next night though.

3) Danny Gokey (LW: 6) He made a big move in my list not because of how good he is, but because he wasn't as bad as Kris and Adam. He sang Earth, Wind and Fire's "September". The original of that song is an amazing song. Gokey's remaking of it is not so amazing. The best thing I can say about Gokey's performance is that it's forgettable.

2) Matt Giraud (LW: 4) After a very solid "Stayin' Alive" Matt survived another week. He wasn't even in the bottom three. He's like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps on going and going. He's the ultimate "Idol" survivor, very similar to Syesha Mercado last year. Is he going to win? No! He does have a very good chance of making the final 4. I'm hoping that Gokey goes home this week.

1) Allison Iraheta (LW: 2) Iraheta resumes her rightful spot on themusicaddict's ratings. She significantly changed the song around and didn't earn praise from the judges. Not that you ever expect much from the judges. I liked how Iraheta added the rock twist to Donna Summer's "Hot Stuff". That would be the only performance I'd want to buy from this past week. She's got it all: showmanship, a great voice and a strong sense of who she is.

"American Idol" is now down to five contestants. I'm predicting Adam's going to win. In descending order I'm predicting 2nd: Kris Allen, 3rd: Allison Iraheta 4th: Matt Giraud and 5th: Danny Gokey. (fingers crossed) That's not how I want it to be, but I think that is how it's going to work out.

This week's theme is songs made famous by members of The Rat Pack. Obviously there won't be any mentors. I predict all the contestants will do well, except for maybe Danny Gokey. But I don't think he does very well any week.

Have a good Sunday, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites