Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Susan Boyle

Hello,

I'm sure you've already seen the video of the 47 year old Susan Doyle on "Britain's Got Talent" If you haven't and you love music, you must check it out. (Thanks to ew.com for bringing it to my attention.) Doyle is 47 years old and hardly looks like a music star. She took the stage and most of the audience and all of the judges had incredulous looks on their faces. Simon Cowell, who is one of the judges was mocking her with sarcastic questions. She said she was going to sing the gorgeous ballad "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables. She signaled she was ready to sing and everyone was prepared to laugh at her. The music started playing and when she launched into that first note the surprised looks on Simon Cowell's and the female judges faces were priceless. The gorgeous female judge's name is Amanda.

I'm enjoying listening to this now. Doyl is so non-showbiz she starts leaving the stage before the judges render their verdict. Doyle gets three big yeses. This is why I love music so much. The magic of a great song and a great voice. This is also what happens when no matter what age you are why you should never give up on your dreams. Hopefully I'm not being patronizing but Susan you are a huge inspiration to me.

Susan Boyle thank you for reminding us of so many great things. Unfortunately the video can't be embedded within this blog. Instead go to the top of this page and type "Susan Boyle" in the search box and it will take you to the video. Be sure to watch the 7:07 video.

Yesterday my wife added the search feature to my blog. She's the tech savy person in our marriage. Thanks to her. I'll be back with my blog tomorrow reviewing "AI". Tonight's theme is "Idol" at the movies. I don't think we'll see anyone as spectacular as Susan Boyle though. Thanks again Susan.

Also Mom have a fantastic birthday!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites