Monday, September 12, 2011

Great songs. Pearl Jam, "Real Steal"

Hello,

After my previously disgusted blog about Tony Romo, I need some music therapy. rollingstone.com has the full stream (why does that make me think I need to go to the bathroom?) of "Pearl Jam Twenty" available now. Unless you are even a bigger Pearl Jam fan than I it's not a must have. If you are as big of a Pearl Jam fan as I am you probably already have a few of their bootlegs. "Pearl Jam Twenty" doesn't have anything significantly different from the bootlegs.

As you know I've been watching the first season of "Lost" and have been absolutely loving every minute of it. I love Evangaline Lilly's character, Kate Austen. Not only is she extremely attractive she's perfectly suited for the role. She plays the role very well with all the nuances needed for such a complicated character. After 12 or 13 episodes I still haven't decided what her true intentions are. I have more questions about not only the character of Austen, but also about Austen's character as a person. With the series now over, I'm surprised I haven't seen Lilly more in other movies or TV shows.

However I did stumble across her in this upcoming piece of schlock, "Real Steal". I can just see the pitch of the person trying to get this film made. I'm guessing it was something like "It's "Rocky" but with robots!" Besides Hugh Jackman and the lovely miss Lilly, who's well hidden in this trailer, this movie looks like it has virtually nothing going for it. Is that not the most annoying kid character since ?


A very wistful song to all those who have loved and lost, Lonestar's "Everything's Changed":



Queensryche's "The Mission", this is off the excellent "Operation: Mindcrime" CD.


Men Without Hats had the amazing song "The Safety Dance", but they weren't a one hit wonder. By hit I mean they had other good songs. This is "Pop Goes The World":


Don't you think it's time for some Hooters? Their debut CD, "Nervous Night". If you are a fan of 80's music, you should definitely add it to your collection Their most famous song is the very catchy "And We Danced" but I also like their "Where Do The Children Go?"



I promise I'm not going for a theme here, just great songs. This is ZZ Top's "Tush":


Another great song. I don't listen to country music radio, so I'm not sure if this was a hit. But if it wasn't it should have been:


Warning the following lyrics will probably offend most people. One more song, are you feeling Disturbed? This is "Down With The Sickness":


I needed that last song after watching Dallas's colossal choke last night.

thefeelingbettermusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

I love "Down with the Sickness".

Favorites