Monday, September 19, 2011

The heroics of Tony Romo!

Hello,

I know that I've been very critical of Dallas Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo for all his failures in the past. I still stand by that. But I feel if I attack him I should also given him praise when he does something well. Tony Romo really manned up last night. He was battling the San Francisco 49ers pass rush as well as what was later to be found out was two cracked ribs. All without taking a pain shot. Not only that but he didn't have any of his Romoesque like meltdowns. Also Felix Jones and Miles Austin gutted out through injuries.

No meltdowns and in fact he performed spectacularly in the clutch. On Dallas's first offensive possession in the overtime Romo connected with Jesse Holley for a 77 yard pass. Holley was tackled at the one yard line, Dan Bailey came on and kicked the chip shot field goal. Dallas now goes to 1-1 on the season thanks to the very heroic and gutsy work of Tony Romo.

As much as I would like to say this was Romo's time where he finally learned how to step up in the clutch, at this point I don't believe it. He's going to have to perform near or at this level all season long in order to make me a believer. From watching way too many football games, I've learned that if a player doesn't have "it" after a couple of years, that he never has "it".

Felix Jones continued to play with a separated shoulder. Jesse Holley may get a lot more chances with the extremely fragile Dez Bryant missing yesterday's game. Also Miles Austin might be out for 2 or 3 weeks as well. If Bryant can't play next week, they play on Monday Night Football, the Cowboys will be very challenged. Maybe Romo's heroic effort can inspire others to play through the pain. That is only if they are able though.

Thanks Tony Romo. If you keep up this level of play, I'll be very glad to eat my words about all the negative comments I've made about you over the years.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites