Monday, September 5, 2011

Evangaline Lilly = Gorgeous, Simon Winchester On Why He Became An American Citizen, Great Songs


Fortunately my brother is a Mac Genius and he was able to figure out how to add pictures. I love free tech support.

Hello,



Of course the above is the attractive Evangaline Lilly from "Lost". She looks okay here, but she looks so much better in the picture at the top of this blog entry. I also watched her on Craig Ferguson show and she actually seemed intelligent.

I'm switching over to a Mac computer from a Windows computer. 90% of it is the same, because they both borrowed their ideas from Xerox's PARC group. However with Windows two button system it's pretty easy how to figure out how to add a picture to my blog. It's not so easy with Mac.

I spent about a hour trying to add the following picture to my blog but I never could figure it out. It's at this site: http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2011/06/19/45296-pj-confirms-evans-and-cumberbatch-announces-losts-evangeline-lilly-and-barry-humphries/

I can figure out how to add videos from youtube.com though. This is Lilly's audition tape for "Lost". This video shows her close to her best.


I hope Charlie is stronger than me with his addiction, because I had to put "Lost" on hold at the library and I will pick it up tomorrow. I hope to pace myself in watching the last 17 or so episodes of "Lost" Season One.

I know there isn't anyone clamoring for my September book club selection. But just to let you know I think I have narrowed down the choice to three books. I hope to make my final announcement tomorrow. Although this truly shows how much of a nerd I am, I love having my own book club. Since I couldn't find any books that I liked that were about football, I'm focusing more on a book about New York. That's due to the upcoming 10 year anniversary of 9/11 this Sunday. However the books are more about New York than 9/11. Although for me thinking of one makes me think of the other.

In honor of America on the cusp of this horrific anniversary , here's a great article written by Simon Winchester about why he chose to become an American citizen.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/06/26/my-turn-simon-winchester-on-becoming-an-american-citizen.html

Here are some great songs:

I absolutely love this song, prepared to be choked up a bit. This is Halfway to Hazard's "Daisy":


As the first video was sad, this video is the complete opposite. The Lost Trailer's "Holler Back":


A band came out about 2005 called Gratitude. They didn't make a dent in any national airplay, however that doesn't take away from how good their first CD is. They made so little impact I couldn't find a proper video for one of their best songs "Sadie". This is the best I could find. This snippet doesn't capture how much this song rocks.


This song came on my iPod this morning when I was exercising. I still love this song. In spite of Lady's weirdnesses, she still knows how to write a great song:


Other than genius, I'm not sure what else one would the music of Michael Jackson.


I really like this song also, the two Dixie Chicks not named Natalie Maines.


One of the all-time greatest songs, ZZ Top's "Tube Snake Boogie":


I also love this ZZ Top song that came during their mid-80's resurgence:


A song from Taylor Swift, she reportedly wrote this after her relationship with John Mayer. (Seriously how does John Mayer have so much pull over women? It certainly isn't her lame music.)


The chorus is very heartbreaking:

Dear John,
I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?
The girl in the dress,
cried the whole way home.
I should've known


themusicaddict



No comments:

Favorites