Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just some great songs. Thanks music for my mental health.

Hello,

I work at a school and we are in the process of getting ready for a new quarter in about 3 weeks. There are a lot of preparations for that. Instead of chilling I actually had to work today. I have a lot of thoughts including sadness about R.E.M. breaking up. But since they've done so little recently it seems they already had broken up. Other thoughts: from the Red Sox choking to Clayton Kershaw getting his 20th win for the Dodgers to the gorgeousness of Hannah Storm and the greatness of Southern women. But I've decided to spare you of that today and just have videos for some songs that are rocking my world now.

I also will say a week from tonight I'm looking very much forward to seeing Taylor Swift in concert. It should be fun seeing her and needtobreathe.

One more thing: The American version of "X-Factor" premieres tonight and I find myself not caring. I'm worn out of reality shows, especially those that like to manipulate our emotions. Also is it only me but doesn't L.A. RIed look like Randy Jackson. WIth Simon, the ditz and Randy lookalike it seems this show is trying to hearken back to the glory days of "American Idol".

I'd like to dedicate this song to the amazing Southern woman I talked to on the phone with last night. This song, "Southern Girl" is one of the last good Incubus songs before they faded into irrelevance. To you know who:



If things don't work out with the Southern Girl, which honestly it probably won't, I hope that special someone is out there. This is my dedication song to her, yet another song that seems like it was written about my life.



One of my all time favorite Black Eyed Peas song. Not only a great song by them, but also another great "don't" song.



I love, love, love Arcade Fire, this is one of their amazing songs. "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)":



Yes I know this song is a song by a so called boy band. But how can you deny the enjoyment of this song?



A few more songs that aren't as happy but are fantastic. Um Ben Folds where did you go? This song is not dedicated to anyone! Language in this video will offend many, be careful.



When one thinks of Barenaked Ladies, most people think of "If I Had $1,000,000 Dollars". While that's a good song, I usually think of this much better song. This song kicks butt completely, the singer's voice is perfect for this song.



This is a newer song with a similar theme that also rocks. Ashes Remain "On My Own":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites