Thursday, September 22, 2011

Songs and memories

Hello,

I was talking to my friend the other day and we were talking about songs that are associated with memories. She was at the school she attends and they play songs. One of the songs that came on was the Sugarland song "Stay". She said it reminded her of the last couple years of her marriage.



How brutal is it that song would remind one of a marriage, especially after all the fairy tales involved with marriage. For me I have a song that for the longest time reminded me of my marriage that was dissolving at the time. I couldn't listen to the below song for a long time after it came out. I can listen it to now, but it still makes me a bit sad.



Thankfully not all songs bring back bad memories. I remember hearing this song on the way to the hospital for when my daughter was about to be born. A great song by one of my favorite singers, the amazing Nelly Furtado. Over 10 years later I look forward to taking her and one of her brothers to see Taylor Swift on Wednesday.



Not that this is the happiest song ever, we did hear this song on that long ago wintry April morning.



Surprisingly thinking about the connection between songs and the memories they evoke, I can't think of a whole lot of songs. This song reminds me of going to BYU football games.



and so does this one:



Now that I think about it, it's a really strange selection of songs they play at BYU games. Finally so does this song:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites