Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Taylor Swift SLC Concert Preview, "Terra Nova" and "A Gifted Man" Rascal Flatts Great Songs, Gorgeous Rihanna

Hello,

For those of you who don't think Rihanna is gorgeous, let me ask you a question. Are you crazy. In this slightly NSFW picture, his photo proof that she is.



On my previous blog entry I got the football out of my system. Now I want to write about other things. I'm looking very forward to the Taylor Swift concert tomorrow night. I'm not real excited by her having two opening acts though. Although one of those opening acts is the very enjoyable needtobreathe. I love their singer's voice. This is my favorite of needtobreathe's songs, "Tennessee":



Taking two of my kids to see Taylor Swift reminds me of my first few concerts that I went to with my parents. Those included Tanya Tucker, Statler Brothers and others. I've loved going to concerts ever since. Then my first "rock" concert was Rick Springfield. He was very hot at that time and was very good. Then one day my Mom came home with AC/DC tickets. How cool of a Mom is that? That concert was an amazing experience. Brian Johnson banging the Hells bell. The cannons going off in "For Those About To Rock". Angus Young's mooning. I'm glad I can take one of my boys to his first concert. This is my daughter's second concert, she also saw Justin Bieber about a year ago. We all are looking forward to a fun night.

This is her setlist from the last concert she preformed at in Arrowhead Stadium on September 24th. (I'm glad someone is performing in Arrowhead Stadium because the Chiefs certainly aren't.)

Sparks Fly (This is a very catchy song, a good song to start her concert with.)



Mine (I really love this song too.)
Story of Us (This is a great, but very bitter song.)



Our Song (This is one of my favorite of all her songs.) I realize I featured this song the other day. I obviously get these songs from youtube. I have to go to the video on youtube. When I did I just kept on playing this song over and over again. I played it about 7 times in a row. This is just a great song.



Mean (Not my favorite song.)
Back to December / Apologize (OneRepublic cover)



Better Than Revenge (It sounds like Taylor is trying to expand her sound and lyrics. As she grows into adulthood, she's only 21, her lyrics are also maturing:



Speak Now



Fearless
Superman (According to people on youtube.com, in Kansas CIty is the first time she played this song.)



You Belong With Me:



Dear John (otherwise known as John Mayer is a d bag song. I don't think that surprises anyone. What does surprise me though is how does he continue to sucker all these beautiful women in. Taylor, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jennifer Aniston, it's just not right.)



Enchanted



Haunted



Long Live (this isn't one of my favorite of her songs) I really think if she closed the first part of her show with "Should've Known Better" would be much more effective.

Encore:
Fifteen (Not one of my favorite of her songs.)

Love Story: (Just say yes.)



Apparently she's also performing songs from a local act on each of her tour stops. For instance in Detroit she sang an Emimem song. I wonder who'll she cover in Salt Lake? It's not like Salt Lake has produced a lot of great singers. The Osmonds? Double Hell No. The Used? Please no? David Archuleta, run to the hills. Maybe she can sing a Gladys Knight song. While she wasn't born in this area, we have adopted her. I also think she lives in Salt Lake most of the time. Other than Gladys I hope she doesn't sing any other local performers tomorrow knight :)

I do wish she would sing this song. Although this is one of her earliest songs, it's also one of her best songs.



I would also love to hear this old favorite:



Did anyone else watch "Terra Nova" last night. I'm sorry that seems to be one of the dumbest shows debuting this year. If it's on Comcast On Demand i will give it a chance. But at this point I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it. Also I do like Jason O'Mara as an actor. I really loved his "Life On Mars", RIP. Also watched the first episode of "Revenge" and it was okay. It seems like it will be an okay show for the first 13 episodes, although I don't know if I will stay with it that long. But going forward the show runner said that future story lines will resolve around revenge. To me it seems that will get old very quickly.

One show I was pleasantly surprised by was "A Gifted Man". That was a very good show. It seems like it could get a little maudlin, but in the first episode they kept a nice balance. Also nearly unrecognizable is the gorgeous Julie Benz. Thankfully she was rescued from "No Ordinary Family", when it wasn't renewed.

So the whining won't fully overwhelm this blog, all I'm going to say about the Red Sox and Braves meltdowns going on is sigh!

Let's close on a much happier note:

K's Choice "Not An Addict":



Again yes I know I featured this song the other day. But I heard it again this morning exercising and this version kicked my butt. This is much better version than the version I featured the other day.



I like that Jethro Tull song so much, here's a bonus Jethro Tull song, also at Montreaux. "Locomotive Breath":



One of the greatest songs about the loss of love ever. Both the song and video captures all the feelings that go with that. That leads to the next question, why are unhappy songs so much better than happy songs?



If the above song reminds you about a relationship that you can't let go of, this needs to be your new song:



Here's another heartbreaker by Rascal Flatts, "What Hurts The Most". Dangerous question by the girl, "Do you ever think about the future?" I thought he answered the right way with "you", it seems I was wrong.



Here's the chorus from the very powerful above song:

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin' to do

Damn you Rascal Flatts, you are making me very sentimental. This song is to my future wife in hopes that I find her, "God Bless The Broken Road":



This is what passes for a happy Rascal Flatts song, "My Wish":



This song is a little happier although it's about something not so happy, "Prayin' For Daylight":



After "These Days", this is probably my second favorite Rascal Flatts song:



Q-Feel's "Dancing In Heaven": I don't know what scares me more is these guys are being serious or that this video is still allowed to be shown to impressionable children? It's a great song though.



Another great song by Black Stone Cherry, hey dudes isn't it about time to come to Salt Lake City? Your music is "In My Blood": (Yes I know I should go to the punitentiary.)



If you get rid of anger through catharsis, rather than letting it linger, this is the song for you. I know I've featured this song several times before, but it's just a great song. I listened to "Nevermind" the other day and it's a lot better than I gave it credit for. Nirvana is still extremely over rated, but they do have a few good songs. Although this Leadbelly song is "their" best song:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites