Friday, May 13, 2016

themusicaddict's Great Goodbye Songs

Hello,

Here are some great goodbye songs. Sometimes music speaks so much better than words. Sometimes the goodbye is temporary, sometimes it's permanent. Sometimes the goodbye is bitter, sometimes it's sweet and sometimes it's bittersweet. Sometimes it's the beginning, sometimes it's the end and every once-in-a-while it's neither. For whatever reason the goodbye occurs, all you can do is to leave with no regrets and don't burn any bridges. We all have our own paths in life, sometimes those paths may overlap multiple times. Enjoy the music and your path!


Oingo Boingo's "Goodbye Goodbye":


Night Ranger's "Goodbye":


Peter, Paul and Mary's "Leaving On A Jet Plane":



Roxette "It Must Have Been Love"- but it's over now:



Supertramp "Goodbye Stranger":



One of the most beautiful and yet most painful musical goodbyes, Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry":



Terri Clark's "A Little Gasoline":



I would urge you to skip this kind of saying goodbye to someone, Dixie Chicks' "Goodbye Earl":



James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover":



Such a beautiful and amazing song, another song by Blunt, "So Long Jimmy":



Simple Minds' "Don't You Forget About Me";



Because you haven't heard this song enough, 261 million views on Youtube. Although I've heard this song hundreds of times, I'm getting goosebumps again. Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You": ("Bittersweet memories is all that I'm taking with me"- isn't that what I just said above?:



Even if a goodbye isn't bad, that doesn't mean that it's not a bit sad:

Dixie Chicks' "Traveling Soldier":



No it's not your imagination, I do try and include this song on every one of my blogs. It's absolutely one of my favorite songs, Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin's "Separate Lives":



Phil Collins, again, "Against All Odds":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites