Wednesday, May 11, 2016

themusicaddict's # 74 Band for The 106 Greatest 80's Musicians: Beastie Boys (Finished October 8th, 2016)

Hello,

My apologies as I haven't been able to blog the last couple of days because I'm having computer issues. Hopefully those issues will be resolved tomorrow. Anyway I wanted to post something, so that you'll know that I'm alive. I will expand this blog once I have more time.

Just who was the Beastie Boys? Well, they were Mike D, MCA and Ad-Rock obviously. But there were a couple other original members, including John Berry and Kate Schellenbach, plus there were touring members also. But let's be honest the Beastie Boys were Mike D, MCA and Ad-Rock. That's why when MCA died in 2012 that The Beastie Boys also effectively died. I would never say never, but some people are just hard to replace. RIP MCA.

The Beastie Boys released two CDs in the 80's, these are the best songs from those two CDs. From "Licensed To Ill":
"She's Crafty" (featuring a Zeppelin sample):



Another Led Zeppelin sample- well if you're going to steal/borrow you might as well do it from the greatest band of all-time. "Rhymin and Stealin":



"Girls":



"(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right To Party":



"Brass Monkey":



"Posse In Effect":



"Slow Ride":



"No Sleep Until Brooklyn":



"Hold It Now, Hit It":



"Slow And Low":



"Time To Get Ill":


From 1989's "Paul's Boutique":
"Shake Your Rump":



"Hey Ladies":



"Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites