Wednesday, May 4, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands Part: # 59 Roxette, Part 1: Songs #30 to # 21 (Finished July 31st, 2016)

Hello,

After diving into Roxette's music the last couple of days, I realized their original rank is way too low. So I did some moving around and Roxette is now at the more appropriate # 59. I'll be counting down their Top 30 songs from the start of their career to 1995's greatest hits "Don't Bore Us Get To The Chorus."

I have additional blogs to write for Phil Collins, Rush, Neil Diamond and also I plan on finishing my Bruce Springsteen/ working man blog. Plus upcoming later this summer I'll be writing reviews for Starship and Joan Osborne. I bought tickets for both yesterday. If you only think of Joan Osborne for "One of Us", you need to check out her other music. In fact the CD that song comes from, "Relish" is an amazing CD. But she also has a bunch of other great songs, for instance, "Cathedrals". She has an incredibly beautiful voice.

I also hope to finish my Top 106 Greatest 80's musicians by the end of this year. (Ha ha, yeah right.) And starting around Memorial Day I'll be posting the third annual about Top 100 most played songs on themusicaddict's iPod. I'll also be updating other blogs and writing about other things that come up.

I'll also be working more on this blog later, I've got to go to work. Roxette is my 75th Greatest 80's Musician. Due to limited time I'll just be posting this for now. This is Roxette's second CD, it received a very limited release. It's a collection of 7 dance tracks from their 1986 debut CD "Pearls of Passion". This CD is titled "Dance Passion":


Roxette released a new CD on June 10th, 2016. It's "Good Karma" and Roxette's karma isn't very good. For me the thing I like the most is their great upbeat songs, like "The Look" and "Joyride". I also love their ballads, including the heartbreaking "It Must Have Been Love". However this CD is full of mostly mid-tempo songs, that isn't Roxette's strength. Although it is good to see Roxette still being active. Perhaps next time focus on your strengths, if you really want to give your fans a joyride. Notice how mid-tempo songs fare on my Top 30 countdown. Here's the 30th to 21st best songs of Roxette as determined by yours truly.

30) "Real Sugar":


29) "Lies":


28) "Crash! Boom! Bang!":


This is a decent song, but this song is mainly on this countdown because of it's title. Although I wish the guitars were doing more crashing. 27) "Crashing Guitars":


26) "Opportunity Nox":


25) "Neverending Love":


24) "You Don't Understand Me":


23) "View From A Hill":


22) "Love Spins":


21) "Cry":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites