Thursday, May 12, 2016

(Started May 12th, 2016, Revised and Revamped March 7th, 2023) Songs on themusicaddict's Radar: Songs Rocking My World Of Late

Hello,

Thanks to the show "Containment" for helping me discover this great song. The end of it's fourth episode plays this song over the final couple of minutes of the show. The music matches those final scenes very well. 1) Svrcina "Battlefield":


I wanted to post Prince's "Hardrocklover" here, but it's not on Youtube anywhere that I can find. I'm posting this amazing song instead. Updated March 7th, 2023 the amazing 2) Prince "Hardrocklover":


and 3) "Baltimore":


I'm going to be able to see Starship, Joan Osborne, Cyndi Lauper in concert, plus I promised my daughter I would take her to twenty one pilots. Updated March 7th, 2023: Second row at Starship and they were great, "We Built This City" kicks butt live. Joan Osborne and Cyndi Lauper were both good, but didn't quite reach amazing.

This song comes from "Pretty Little Stranger", which sadly isn't a very good CD. "Who Divided" and the title track are the only songs that aren't completely forgettable. 4) Joan Osborne "Who Divided":


Also I ended up going to see twenty one pilots with my daughter twice and both times they were great. Here's a couple of songs from their most recent CD "Scaled and Icy".

5) "Shy Away":


6) "Choker":


Now I hear Pet Shop Boys is coming in concert also which I didn't go too. Here are some of my favorite of their songs, starting first with "West End Girls."  "Call the police there's a madman around" or "You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone, just you wait until I get you home". This is definitely one of the greatest hits of the 80s. 7) "West End Girls":


8) "Go West":


9) "What Have I Done To Deserve This" (featuring Dusty Springfield):


10) One of the Pet Shop Boys most rocking songs "Suburbia":


themusicaddict gives two big thumbs up to The Struts CD, "Everybody Wants". A recent hot British band, The Struts with three of their songs. 11) "Could Have Been Me":


12) "Only Just A Call Away":


13) "Put Your Money On Me":


14) Evanescence "Blind Belief":


Just a random great song. 15) Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted":


16) Damone's "Out Here All Night":


No one can deny Miss Swift is an amazing songwriter, although I know she doesn't write all her own songs. But she writes a lot of them by herself. 17) Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble":


Songs rocking my world now in 2023:

18) Linkin Park "Lost":


Um these guys are interesting. 19) Maneskin "The Loneliest":


At their stop in Tampa on their current tour. 20) Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band "Out In The Street":


21) From their recent live CD at Madison Square Garden. The 1975 "The Sound":


22) The Scorpions "Crossing Borders":


23) Sammy Hagar and the Circle "You Get What You Pay For":


24) Pink "Trustfall":


25) Machinehead "Slaughter The Martyr":


26) Inglorious "I Am The Fire":


27) Halestorm "Bombshell":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites