Tuesday, May 31, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 124 Most Played Songs On My iTunes Part 1: The 30 Songs Tied for 95th Place- All Have 34 Listens (Finalized July 10th, 2016)

Hello,

This countdown started with 115 songs and evolved as I worked on this blog series. I went through and wrote all these countdown blogs, which eventually became the 124 songs most played on my iTunes. I kept the counts live. When a song moved up or reached 34 listens, that was tracked on this countdown.

This is at least my third annual countdown of the most played songs on my iTunes. My first two countdowns were heavily influenced by a son and a daughter's iPod being attached to my iTunes. But as they've got older they're better able to manage their own devices. My son has taste pretty similar to me and my daughter's music taste is fairly close to mine now. Just don't tell anyone she knows as she would be embarrassed. That's why there's one Justin Bieber song on this countdown, there used to be more. Taylor Swift's songs used to be all over this countdown, Two years ago, this countdown had 22 Swift songs on it. This year's countdown is down to 9 Swift songs. I have nothing against Miss Swift, she's a brilliant songwriter and she has a very deep catalog of great songs at such a young age.

I have a Sunday Music playlist and my iPod playlist, whatever songs land on those playlists will naturally have more of a chance to get more listens. Also the random play causes interesting songs to get more listens than some songs that I love a lot more. That's one of the reasons that Bell X1 has as many songs on this countdown as does Whitney Houston.

My goal is to only have 100 songs on this countdown, but I have 124 songs now. That's because there are 30 songs that are tied for 95th place. All of these songs have 34 listens, I'm including the videos for a select few of these songs. Information in the parenthesis is the previous ranking or whether it's a debut.

Arcade Fire "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" (Debut):


Blink-182 "All The Small Things" (Debut):


Bruce Springsteen "Lonesome Day" (Debut):
Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet" (Previous countdown: 28 listens, tied for 96th place.):



Don Henley "New York Minute" (Previous countdown: 32 listens, tied for 37th place)
Elvis Costello "Alison" (Previous countdown: 34 listens, tied for 25th place)
The English Beat "Save It For Later" (Debut):
Fitz and the Tantrums "Out of My League" (Debut):



Guns N' Roses "Think About You" (Debut):
INXS "New Sensation" (Debut):



Jeff Carson's "The Car" (Previous countdown: 34 listens, tied for 25th place)
Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" (Debut):
Liz Phair's "Rock Me" (Debut):


Lonestar "With Me" (Debut):
Madonna "Rainbow Tour" (Previous countdown: (28 listens, 96th place)
Of Monsters and Men "Little Talks" (Debut):



Olivia Newton-John "Make A Move On Me" (32 listens, 37th place):
Q-Feel "Dancing In Heaven" (28 listens, 96th place):



Rev Theory "Hell Yeah" (Debut):



Shinedown "Adrenaline" (Debut)
Sick of Sarah "Autograph" (Debut):



Snap's "The Power" (Debut):



Stone Temple Pilots "Wicked Garden" (Debut):
Taylor Swift's "Mean" (Previous countdown: 34 listens, tied for 25th place)
This may be the most perfect pop song ever. Tift Merrit's "Mixtape" (Debut):



U2 "Elevation" (Previous countdown: 31 listens, tied for 46th place):



U2 "Pride (In The Name of Love) (Debut):



When In Rome "The Promise" (Debut):



 R.I.P. Whitney, her amazing "Didn't We Almost Have It All" (Debut):



ZZ Top "Tush" (Previous countdown: 28 listens, tied for 96th place):

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites