Sunday, May 22, 2016

themusicaddict's Sunday Afternoon Mix and Match Music Blog

Hello,

This blog is inspired by multiple things. 1) My daughter is a big fan of twenty one pilots and I'd like to take her to see them when they're here in Salt Lake City on July 16th. Tix are sold out, and I don't have any tix yet, wish me luck. I like to be as familiar with a band when I go see them in concert, so I've been listening to a lot of their music lately. To be honest, they aren't my favorite. But I do like some of their songs. 2) Also very sadly local independent record store- yes, they're still out there- Graywhale is having to close down their store. Graywhale will stay in business, but this specific location is being forced to close as their rent is being doubled. They've been a tenant for 10 years in a strip mall, you know the kind of place where the businesses constantly change. So not only does that make me sad, but it pisses me off. Anyway they're doing a clearance sale, 30% off everything at that specific location. I went in yesterday and they're in the picked over stage- although there were still a few gems to be found. 3) My MacBook is being repaired, so I'm using a family friend's laptop until I get my MacBook back. So the songs available to me are the songs I've bought on iTunes over the years, some random CDs I've had for awhile and those CDs I bought yesterday. You know, just in case you were wondering why this blog has A Teens, twenty one pilots and highlights from Roger Waters' "The Wall". And you know how iTunes falls in love with some CDs and ignores other CDs while on random play. That's why this blog doesn't have more diversity. Enjoy.

First up, three songs from twenty one pilots (Some places list the band's name as Twenty One Pilots, but I didn't find a consensus.)
This is one of my fav twenty one pilots songs: "Heavydirtysoul":


"Stressed Out":


"Tear In My Heart":


Three songs from The A*Teens:
"Halfway Around The World":



"Firefly":



"Sugar Rush":


Highlights from Roger Waters "The Wall":
Bryan Adams and Roger Waters' "Empty Spaces":



Cyndi Lauper's "Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2":



Roger Waters "Comfortably Numb":



The Scorpions "In The Flesh":



Cyndi Lauper's "High and Mighty":



Florence + The Machine's "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful":



"I bet your body is so sweet, oh yeah." The Struts' "Put Your Money On Me":



Sia's "Bird Set Free":



and "Cheap Thrills":



and then three songs from Don Henley
"End of the Innocence":



"New York Minute":



"Heart of The Matter":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites