Saturday, May 7, 2016

Is Axl Rose and AC/DC Touring Together A Good Idea?

Hello,

About the rumors of Axl Rose singing with AC/DC and why he's doing so:


Tonight is the first show of Axl Rose, replacing Brian Johnson, touring with AC/DC. Is this a good idea or a bad idea?


Judging by this video, it might be a great idea. Obviously this isn't AC/DC he's singing with here, but this is very good on "Whole Lotta Rosie":


Also at Coachella Angus Young with most of the original Guns N' Roses, "Riff Raff":


I know this is just rehearsals and the sound isn't optimal, but this isn't as promising:


How does Axl's voice hold up over a two hour concert now, the mostly reunited G N' R in Las Vegas in 2016:


Is this a good idea or not? Well the Titanic was a good idea and look how that turned out. We won't really know if this is a good idea until the 12 dates play out. Surely they can get along for that space of time. I love Brian Johnson and his great voice, but he's been losing his voice over the last few years. Now it seems his hearing is also going away. If I were Johnson I would do whatever I can to keep any hearing that I have. Best wishes to Johnson and his health. Same to Malcolm Young, it's a terrible thing he's going through.

Both AC/DC and Guns N' Roses are very high on my Top 106 Greatest 80's bands countdown. 

I don't know if this is a good idea, but it does have a lot of potential. Sadly that potential is for both great and disastrous things. If I had tickets to any of the 12 shows I would be absolutely stoked. I look forward to watching the videos when they're posted.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites