Thursday, May 19, 2016

Greatest 80's Musicians Addendum: Mano a Mano, Hagar vs. Roth: Who Had The Best Non Van Halen Career? (Finished May 20th, 2016)

Hello,

Hagar vs. Roth- Gary Cherrone no need to apply. Give me Hagar every day, he's a got better voice and also better songs as a solo artist. < That's what I originally wrote, but after listening to " Eat 'Em & Smile" and "Skyscraper", I'm backing off that pronouncement. I still prefer Hagar, but Roth is much closer than I realized. This is why I love having access to Google Play and being able to listen to so many of these great CDs again. For the terms of this blog, I'm mainly referring to their 80's solo careers. In this corner, Sammy Hitman Hagar (my apologies to the original Hitman, Thomas Hearns):

About the only slightly above average song from 1980's "Danger Zone" is "Heartbeat":


1982's "Standing Hampton" was a much better CD and had a lot better songs:

"I'll Fall In Love Again" (from the very solid 80's soundtrack to "Vision Quest":


"There's Only One Way To Rock":


"Heavy Metal":


"Baby's On Fire":



Also released in 1982 was "Three Lock Box":

"Three Lock Box":


"Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy":



"I Don't Need Love":


 The best 8 solo Roth songs from the 80's.

8) "Damn Good":


7) "Skyscraper":


6) "The Bottom Line":



5) "Knucklebones":



4) "Just A Gigolo/ I Ain't Got Nobody":



3) "California Girls":



2) "Just Like Paradise":



1) "Yankee Rose":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites