Sunday, November 18, 2018

(Finished November 18th, 2018) Who Is Lauren Daigle Introduction and Should Non-Religious People Listen To Her Music? Part 1

Hello,

Lauren Daigle first gained my attention when I heard her amazing song, "Still Rolling Stones". It's a great song. But just who is Lauren Daigle? She's an "American contemporary Christian music singer and songwriter from Lafayette, Louisiana" according to bing.com. She is married and as of now has no children.

She currently is on tour and is taking a Christmas break starting December 17th. That night she has a hometown show in Lafayette at the Heymann Center. She resumes her tour about 5 weeks later at legendary Carnegie Hall. Her current CD is 2018's "Look Up Child" was her first single from that CD. "Look Up Child" was the #3 CD on it's debut week on Billboard's Top 200 album chart. It had 115,000 copies sold, which is a pretty good debut for anyone. But even more spectacular for a Christian singer. Obviously she's reaching fans beyond her Christian music base and with amazing songs like "Still Rolling Stones" I can see why. In what seems to be a natural fit for a Christian artist, she released her first Christmas CD on October 21, 2016. It is "Behold: A Christmas Celebration".

In an interview with Billboard's Jim Asker she was asked a question about singing about Christian themes. She responded with this answer "I don't shy away from singing about my faith. I think it conveys honesty, and people see authenticity. More people are going to relate to my music if it's sincere. I believe that wholeheartedly. That's how you reach people that might not have felt that [the Christian genre] was their home before. I want this to be such a record of joy, such a record of hope, that people experience a childlikeness again. In the time of making this record, I had to remember who I was as a child. I want people to reflect on, 'The innocence of my childhood ... how do I see myself through those eyes again? How do I love myself like that again? Where's that joy? Where's that hope?"

Should non-religious people listen to her music? I would say a very ardent "yes". She's a Christian singer, but she sings about a lot of different things. She doesn't shove her religion down anyone's throat, but isn't shy about expressing how she feels. Both of those things can be possible and are with Miss Daigle. Other reasons why people should listen to her is she has a lot of amazing songs and a very beautiful voice.


Here are several of her songs:

With Needtobreathe "Hard Love":


From 2015's "How Can It Be":

 I love her voice on this performance "First":



"Trust In You":



"How Can It Be":



"Here's My Heart":



"O' Lord":



"I Am Yours":



"Come Alive (Dry Bones)":



"Once and For All":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites