Saturday, November 24, 2018

(Finished Finished Dec 25th, 2018) Led Zeppelin's 50 Best Songs To Celebrate Their 50th Anniversary, Part 1

Hello,

Sometime in August of 1968 Led Zeppelin had their first practice and thus this year is their 50th year anniversary. I was going to countdown their 50 best songs in order by quality from 50 to 1. I realized that was just too much to take on. Thus I've modified that, now I'm going to post multiple blogs that feature their 50 best songs. I now have 50 songs but it will not surprise me if I end up with 51 or 52 songs. I just wanted to honor my favorite band's anniversary in some way. Led Zeppelin released 81 songs on officially 9 albums, but "Physical Graffiti" was a double album. Not all their songs are classics, it only seems that way.

Led Zeppelin is:
Robert Plant is on volcanic vocals.
Jimmy Page is their electric, multi-talented guitarist.
John Bonham is the original hammer of the gods, their spectacularly talented drummer.
And according to legend John Paul Jones didn't sell his soul to the devil, which is why he's the least known member. But don't mistake the keyboardist and bassist as not being an incredibly crucial piece of the Led Zeppelin monolith.

I rated all of Led Zeppelin's songs using the same ratings that iTunes uses, from 0 stars through 5 stars. Some songs I only gave a half star to. By my count, Led Zeppelin has 32 5 star songs, 11 4.5 star songs, 26 4 star songs, 1 3.5 star song ("Black Country Woman") and 11 3 star songs. That adds up to 81 total songs. Combining the 5 star songs and the 4.5 star songs equals 43 songs. I selected 7 of the the 26 4 star songs to finish with 50 songs. One song year for each year of existence for the best band ever. These songs are in no particular order other than what I rated them. On this first Zep blog I'm posting the 7 4 star songs that brought the total to 50 songs.

This is an early iteration of "The Lemon Song":


The finished version of "The Lemon Song":


The Golden God himself and Jack White on "The Lemon Song":


Page, Plant, The Egyptian Ensemble and The London Metropolitan Orchestra "Friends":



"The Battle of Evermore":



Just one of the many amazing songs off the greatest CD of all-time, Led Zeppelin 4. The studio version of "The Battle of Evermore":



"Four Sticks":



"The Song Remains The Same":



"Dancing Days":



Page and Plant performing "Dancing Days" before a very adoring Dallas audience:



"Bonzo's Montreaux":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites