Saturday, November 17, 2018

(Started November 17th, 2018) What's Going On With Nine Inch Nails?

Hello,

I was reviewing a setlist of hottest tours currently going on now. Ed Sheeran, who I wrote about recently, and Taylor Swift were both mentioned. I've already seen Miss Swift in concert and she was decent. I would really love to see Ed Sheeran in concert, but I don't know when he'll be making it to Salt Lake again. He has no concerts scheduled, as of now, for North America in 2018 and 2019. Although after August, 2019 he has no more scheduled concerts.

Another name that came up was Nine Inch Nails, although I'm not sure they, he are still relevant. I decided to check out his latest music and tour. His most recent CD is 2018's "The Bad Witch" and it's exactly what you would expect. It's not terrible, it's not amazing, it's just a band that continues to reap diminishing returns. The music hasn't changed a lot, it's a lot of the same angsty music. Someone has even made a mock Nine Inch Nails that sounds a lot like a Nine Inch Nails song "This Is A Trent Reznor Song":


Also Nine Inch Nails are still touring, they're currently on tour until December 15th. They close this leg in Los Angeles. In a bit of an odd tour mate, they are touring with The Jesus and Mary Chain. I'm all for odd pairings though. Although I'm sure a lot of people are like me when they think "I haven't thought of The Jesus and Mary Chain for a long time."

They are remaining active, I'm just not sure how big their cultural footprint is any more. And with sage CDs like "Bad Witch", I just don't know if they'll be able to recover that. And that's okay, it happens to a lot of bands. Even if they never make any more great CDs, we'll always have "Pretty Hate Machine". The following is a recent setlist from their current tour.

1) "Now I'm Nothing"/ 2) "Terrible Lie":


3) "Last":


4) "Letting You":


5) "March of the Pigs":


6) "Sanctified":


7) "1,000,000":



8) "Ahead of Ourselves":



9) "Closer":



The next two songs are David Bowie covers:
10) "I Can't Give Everything Away":



11) "Subterraneans":



12) "The Perfect Drug":



13) "Sin":



14) "Gave Up":



15) "The Big Comedown":
16) "Starf****)":
17) "Wish":
18) "Head Like A Hole":

Encore:
19) "Shit Mirror":
20) "Even Deeper":
21) "Hurt":

Bonus video: this is kind of cool Gary Numan with Nine Inch Nails "Cars":


Bonus video #2, Nine Inch Nails Live at Woodstock, 1994:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites