Friday, April 10, 2020

(Finished April 11th, 2020) The Best, Heartwarming, Happy and Absolutely Wonderful Lyrics, Part 1

Hello,

Some of these lyrics wouldn't stand out to you on the blank page, but the lyrics take on a whole new meaning in the context of the songs.

1) Leonard Cohen "Hallelujah", sung by Kate Voegele:

"Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to a kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah"


2) Eric Church "Springsteen":

"To this day when I hear that song
I see you standin' there on that lawn
Discount shades, store bought tan
Flip flops and cut off jeans
Somewhere between that setting sun
I'm on fire and born to run
You looked at me and I was done"



3) Michael Jackson "Man In The Mirror":

And no message could have
Been any clearer
If you wanna make the world
A better place
(If you wanna make the
World a better place)
Take a look at yourself and
then make a change
(Take a look at yourself and
then make a change)


4) U2 "One": 

"You say love is a temple, love a higher law
Love is a temple, love the higher law
You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on to what you got
When all you got is hurt"


5) Pink Floyd "Learning To Fly":

"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction is holding me fast
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"


6) Don McLean "American Pie":

"But February made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died"



7) Bruce Springsteen "Death To My Hometown":

"Now, no shells ripped the evening sky
No cities burning down
No army stormed the shores for which we'd die
No dictators were crowned
I awoke on a quiet night, I never heard a sound
The marauders raided in the dark
And brought death to my hometown
They brought death to my hometown"


8) The Who "Won't Get Fooled Again":

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll got on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again"



9) Pearl Jam "Black":

"I know that someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star
In somebody else's sky
But why, why, why can't it be... can't it be mine?":



10) My Chemical Romance "Cancer":

"Now turn away
'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hairs abandoned all my body
Oh, my agony
Know that I will never marry
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go
It just ain't living
And I just hope you know"



11) Goo Goo Dolls "Iris":

"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now"



 12) Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb":

"A distant ship's smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
And I have become Comfortably Numb"



13) The Beatles "Yesterday":

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday
Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly
Why she had to go
I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong
Now I long for yesterday



14) Jeffrey Osborne "On The Wings of Love":

And I'm sure that you're
An angel in disguise
Come take my hand and
Together we will rise
On the wings of love
Up and above the clouds
The only way to fly


15) Prince "When Doves Cry":

"Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father too bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry"




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites