Saturday, April 25, 2020

(Started April 25th, 2020) The Hella Worst Music Videos Ever

Hello,

Thanks to the following websites https://www.nme.com/list/50-worst-music-videos-ever-1371  and https://music.tutsplus.com/articles/20-worst-music-videos-of-all-time--audio-974 I've culled the worst of the worst videos of all time. The quality of the actual song has no bearing, this is all about the bad taste the videos leave in our mouths. Usually I say enjoy, but this time I'm saying don't cringe.

Random thoughts, listing any song by Steel Panther is unnecessary. They're basically Nickelback with even less talent. If Miley Cyrus was a rock band she would be Steel Panther. Speaking of Nickelback I'm not including any of their videos. It goes without saying that their videos would be dreadful. One of the least original and worst live bands I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Which is worse the song or the video, I hope no one paid more than 50c for either. 1) Paris Hilton and quality control don't go well together. These next two videos don't even waste your time watching, it's not worth your time. "Stars Are Blind":


I looked up train wreck in the dictionary and this video was the definition. Wow both the song and video are terrible. This song first of all is absolutely boring and second of all has the personality of cardboard. This is even worse than the above Paris disaster. 2) Daniel Bedingfield "If You're Not The One":


Okay this isn't great, but much better than the above two songs. The core of the song is Harold Faltermeyer's excellent "Axel F". This also meets the nostalgia need for us older folks. This song played in the hilarious Eddie Murphy movies "Beverly Hills Cop". 3) Axel F "Crazy Frog":


I get it this video is intentionally campy and not to be taken seriously. And I love this song, indeed I love this whole CD "Aquarium". 4) Aqua "Barbie Doll":



Great video, no? But it's not a terrible video either, it's basically a performance video. Yes, I know this wasn't a real band, but I also loved their first CD. 5) Milli Vanilli "Girl, You Know It's True":



See above. 6) Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby":



NME.com also says Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" should be on the list, but it's basically the same as the above two videos.

Yet another performance video, but this time it's just so ridiculous that it demands to be included in this list. This song is a classic 80's synthplosion. music.tutsplus.com says about this video " This video looks like it was shot during the band's lunch break from their warehouse day jobs." That's both funny and accurate. 7) Journey's "Separate Ways":



Again basically a performance video, but it's a really bad video. I get that it's suppose to be campy, but it's too campy for it's one good. I don't know if I should admit this, but I love this song.
8) Rednex "Cotton Eyed Joe":



How did this video not make nme.com or tutsplus.com's list for terrible videos, especially Jani Lane's "10 mile wide" smile? "Unskinny Bop"- is that a fat bop?- would be on this list if I allowed a band to have more than one entry. 9) Warrant "Cherry Pie":



Alex I would like to take things that most white people shouldn't do for $500. Alex what is dancing? 10) Billy Squier "Rock Me Tonite":



This singer is terrible, these guys look ridiculous and this video is terrible in every way. I loved this song back in the day, but it hasn't aged well. 11) Color Me Badd "I Wanna Sex You Up":



Was the lead singer having a bad hair day, that's the only reason I think he would be wearing That hat. When the hat makes it's first appearance, it automatically qualified for one of the worst videos ever.  I love Survivor and of course this song is a classic. 12) Survivor "Eye of The Tiger":



Well at least it's a great song. What's going on with the militaristic bondage outfits. 13) Joss Stone "Baby, Baby, Baby":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites