Saturday, April 11, 2020

(Finished April 26th, 2020) The Best, Heartwarming, Happy and Absolutely Wonderful Lyrics, Part 2

Hello,

16) Abba "The Winner Takes It All":

"I don't wanna talk
About things we've gone through
Though it's hurting me, now it's history
I've played all my cards
And that's what you've done, too
Nothing more to say, no more ace to play"


17) Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Ohio":

"Gotta get down to it
Soldiers are cutting us down
Should have been done long ago
What if you knew her
And found her dead on the ground
How can you run when you know?"


18) Fleetwood Mac "Landslide":

"Well, I've been afraid of changin'
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too"



19) "The Greatest Love of All":

"People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone
Who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me
I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity"


20) James Taylor "Fire and Rain":

"Won't you look down upon me, Jesus
You've got to help me make a stand
You've just got to see me through another day
My body's aching and my time is at hand
And I won't make it any other way"


21) "Rain On The Scarecrow":

Scarecrow on a wooden cross
Blackbird in the barn
Four hundred empty acres that used to be my farm
I grew up like my daddy did
My grandpa cleared this land
When I was five I walked the fence while grandpa held my hand


22) Frank Sinatra "My Way":

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way



23) "We Looked Like Giants":

"God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime
Remembering when you were mine
In a still suburban town

When every Thursday I'd brave those mountain passes
And you'd skip your early classes
And we'd learn how our bodies worked"

":

24) Rush "Limelight":

"Living in a fisheye lens
Caught in the camera eye
I have no heart to lie
I can't pretend a stranger
Is a long-awaited friend"


25) U.S.A For Africa "We Are The World":

In the era of Coronavirus, have there ever been lyrics more relevant?

"There comes a time when we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand
The greatest gift of all"



26) Band Aid "Do They Know It's Christmas":

"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
Where nothing ever grows
No rain or rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmastime at all?"



27) Neil Young "Let's Roll":
"I know I said I love you
I know you know it's true
I've got to put the phone down
And do what we got to do
One's standing in the aisleway
Two more at the door
We've got to get inside there
Before they kill

Time is running out, let's roll



28) Bruce Springsteen "Empty Sky":
I woke up this morning
I could barely breathe
Just an empty impression
In the bed where you used to be
I want a kiss from your lips
I want an eye for an eye
I woke up this morning to the empty sky":




29) Bruce Springsteen "You're Missing":

Pictures on the nightstand, TV's on in the den
Your house is waiting, your house is waiting
For you to walk in, for you to walk in
But you're missing, you're missing
You're missing when I shut out the lights
You're missing when I close my eyes
You're missing when I see the sun rise
You're missing




30) The Beatles "The Long and Winding Road" as sung by Billy Ocean:

Many times I've been alone, and many times I've cried
Any way you'll never know, the many ways I've tried
And still they lead me back, to the long winding road
You left me standing here a long long time ago
Don't leave me waiting here, lead me to your door

indi

31) U2 "Red Hill Mining Town":

We scorch the earth
Set fire to the sky
And we stooped so low
To reach so high.
A link is lost
The chain undone.
We wait all day
For night to come
And it comes like a hunter (child)




32) Barry McGuire "Eve of Destruction":

"The Eastern world it is explodin'
violence flarin', bullets loadin'
You're old enough to kill, but not for votin'
You don't believe in war, what's that gun you're totin'
And even the Jordan river has bodies floatin'
But you tell me over and over and over again my friend
Ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction"



33) Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes":

"In your eyes
The light the heat
In your eyes
I am complete
In your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
In your eyes
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
In your eyes
I see the light and the heat
In your eyes
Oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
The heat I see in your eyes"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites