Thursday, April 9, 2020

(Started April 9th, 2020) The Worst, Weirdest, Funny, Bizarre and Absolutely Crazy Lyrics

Hello,

These are all great songs, but the lyrics are bizarre, funny and in some cases make no sense. Thanks to the many lyrics websites for the lyrics. For my next blog, which will hopefully be tomorrow, I want to focus on songs with great lyrics.

Just an incredibly amazing song, one of The Smiths best songs. I could do a whole blog on The Smiths most bizarre lyrics. 1) The Smiths "Girlfriend In A Coma":

"Girlfriend in a coma, I know
I know, it's serious
Girlfriend in a coma, I know
I know, it's really serious"



I love the beginning of this song. When Googling around looking for the most bizarre lyrics, multiple websites mentioned the lyric below. 2) Van Halen "Why Can't This Be Love":

"Only time will tell
If we stand the test of time"

 Well yes that's how it usually works.


I've rediscovered Live over the last few weeks and I quite like most of their music. Unfortunately this song has a lyrical faux pas. And me trying to spell faux pas was a faux pas in itself. Songwriting 101: don't sing about placentas. 3) Live "Lightning Crashes":

"lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door"


I don't think that I'd ever get sick of this song. 4) Donna Summer "MacArthur Park":

"MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, nooooo"


This band may have the worst lyrics of all-time. Many great songs, but you'll lose IQ points if you listen to the lyrics too closely. 5) Soul Asylum "Somebody To Shove":

"Hello, speak up, is there somebody there?
These hang ups are getting me down
In a world frozen over with over exposure
Let's talk it over, let's go out and paint the town"



Weird lyrics and they should have ended this song at about the 2:48 mark. 6) R.E.M. "Stand":

"Your feet are going to be on the ground
Your head is there to move you around
If wishes were trees, the trees would be falling
Listen to reason, the season is calling"


I also could write an entire blog about bizarre lyrics of TMBG. This song is one of many great songs from "Flood". 7) They Might Be Giants "Birdhouse In Your Soul":

"I have a secret to tell
From my electrical well
It's a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells
So the room must listen to me
Filibuster vigilantly
My name is blue canary one note* spelled l-i-t-e
My story's infinite
Like the Longines Symphonette it doesn't rest"


8) The Aquabats "Martian Girl":

"Well here's a story that must be told
It's kind of new, not very old
About a female martian with a wild grin
Big orange eyes and green skin
Blue was her hair
She came from way up there
She wore silver underwear
Almost naked but she didn't care
Why oh, why did she come from Planet V?
Well I don't know whoa whoa whoa"



Warning: only listen to this song if you want it stuck in your head for a long time. 
9) Herman's Hermits "I'm Henry The 8th":

"I'm Henry the eighth I am
Henry the eighth I am, I am
I got married to the widow next door
She's been married seven times before
And every one was an Henry (Henry)
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her eighth old man, I'm Henry
Henry the eighth I am"



Yes, they really do sing "Sitting on a cornflake". I didn't quite believe that and I had to hear that for myself. 10) The Beatles "I Am The Walrus":

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come
Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Man, you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long"



I still remember where I was when I really heard this song for the first time. I mean really heard it, I had to go buy the CD "Bringing Down The Horse". I've been a humongous Wallflowers fan ever since. 11) The Wallflowers "The Difference":

One, two boys by the river
Down by the water
Tellin' riddles in the dark
With fireflies under the moonlight
Carvin' the insides of a tree with a knife
Ever hear the one about the boy's big sister
His best friend come along
He tried to kiss her



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites