Friday, April 17, 2020

(Finished April 18th, 2020) A Playlist and Love Letter To Music, Part 1

Hello,

Tonight I watched the first two episodes of the Hulu series "High Fidelity". I love music geekiness and I love people that love music as much as me. This show is not perfect and it could be better. But it does have its moments and I love it's enthusiasm for music. In the second episode Rob is looking for the perfect playlist, I thought to myself that's a great idea. For this blog I decided I wanted to create a playlist that's also a love letter to music. I'm excited that Debbie Harry will be appearing in an upcoming episode of Season One. And the first rule about playlists is that there are no rules.

This song plays a key part in episode 1, 1) Dexy's Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen":


2) Prince "Musicology":


Every musical love letter and playlist deserves at least one song with a blistering sax solo. This sax solo comes out of nowhere. 3) Foreigner "Urgent":


"Something about you girl that makes me sweat". 4) INXS "Need You Tonight":


This song has so much joy!! 5) Dua Lipa "Blow Your Mind (Mwah)":


6) Phil Collins "In The Air Tonight":



I've got to include the first video ever to be played on the no longer relevant MTV, 7) The Buggles "Video Killed The Radio Star":


8) M "Pop Musik":


9) Madonna "Music":



10) The Violent Femmes "American Music":



11) Avicii "Wake Me Up":



12) Swedish House Mafia "Don't You Worry Child":



In honor of the great Debbie Harry, 13) Blondie "Heart of Glass":



14) Starship "We Built This City":



Don't hate me that I like the Megan Nicole and Lindsey Stirling version better. 15) "Starships":



16) Rihanna "The Only Girl In The World":



17) Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back":



18) Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody":



Another great sax song. 19) Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band "Turn The Page":



20) Roxette "It Must Have Been Love":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites