Tuesday, April 14, 2020

(Finished April 15th, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part Eight: 1985: Expanded Edition, Part 1

Hello,

These are the greatest songs of 1985 of all genres. I spent a few hours today finding these songs from all genres. 1985 was a pretty big year for me, it was the year that I graduated from Woods Cross High School. Wildcats!! I also worked at Safeways at that time. Then that Fall I left home for the first time to go to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. I think I might still be on academic probation at what now is Brigham Young-Idaho. That's okay as I eventually graduated from the University of Utah in 1987. My first brush of college honestly was a struggle for me. I somehow survived and it eventually turned out to be a great experience for me. It was a time for firsts for me.

Now here are the greatest songs of 1985. If a song was released as a single I went with that year year as a release date. Some of these songs were released on a CD in 1984, but weren't released as a single until 1985. I counted those as a song from 1985. Those songs with a number are where that song ended on the Year End Chart of 1985. These songs are in alphabetical order by artist. If a song from 1984 charts high enough in 1985 that it's ranked in the Top 100 I will include that as a 1985 song.

I have about 20 more songs to add, this obviously will be a several day- or maybe week- project.

71) ABC "Be Near Me":


ABC "How To Be A Millionaire":



ABC "Vanity Kills":



AC/DC "Shake Your Foundations":


AC/DC "Sink The Pink":


24) Bryan Adams "Heaven":


66) Bryan Adams "Run To You":


74) Bryan Adams "Summer of '69":


Alabama "40 Hour Week (For A Livin)":


Alabama "Can't Keep A Good Man Down":


Alabama "There's No Way":


10) a-ha "Take On Me":


56) Animotion "Obsession":



John Anderson "It's All Over Now";



Artists United Against Apartheid "Sun City":



80) Ashford and Simpson "Solid":


Asia "Go":



Baltimora "Tarzan Boy":



Beach Boys "Getcha Back":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites