Monday, April 6, 2020

(Finished April 7th, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part Four: 1976, 1977, 1978

Hello,

1976:
1) Paul McCartney and Wings "Silly Love Songs":


2) Elton John and Kiki Dee "Don't Go Breaking My Heart":


I don't ever remember hearing this song although it sold 2.5 million copies and was #1 for 4 weeks. According to Wikipedia, it's the first #1 song with the word Disco in the title. As for me it has had virtually no impact on my life. 
3) Johnnie Taylor "Disco Lady":


A top 1000 all-time song. 4) The Four Seasons "December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)":


5) Wild Cherry "Play That Funky Music":


100) Glen Campbell "Country Boy (You've Got Your Feet In LA)":


1977:
1) Rod Stewart "Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)":


2) Andy Gibb "I Just Want To Be Your Everything":


3) The Emotions "Best of My Love":


4) Barbra Streisand "Evergreen (Love Theme From A Star Is Born)":


5) Hot "Angel In Your Arms":


I recently discovered this song a couple of years ago and it's a great songs. I hope you like it as much as me. 100) C.J. & Company "Devil's Gun (The Long Version)":


For some of these years I'm going to share more than six songs. The year of the Gibb Brothers and "Saturday Night Fever". 1978:

 I turned 11 in the summer of 1978, what great music to grow up with. A lot of people hated disco, but I always loved it. Fun songs that you could dance to, what's not to like?
1) Andy Gibb "Shadow Dancing":


2) The Bee Gees "Night Fever":


3) Debby Boone "You Light Up My Life":


How was this song not #1in 1978, it's a Top 500 song easily. 4) The Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive":


5) Exile "Kiss You All Over":


6) The Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love":



8) Andy Gibb "Love is Thicker Than Water":



45) Andy Gibb "An Everlasting Love":



100) Steely Dan "Deacon Blues":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites