Tuesday, April 21, 2020

(Finished April 22nd, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part Eight: 1985: Expanded Edition, Part 6

Hello,

These are the greatest songs of 1985 of all genres. I spent a few hours today finding these songs from all genres. 1985 was a pretty big year for me, it was the year that I graduated from Woods Cross High School. Wildcats!! I also worked at Safeways at that time. Then that Fall I left home for the first time to go to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. I think I might still be on academic probation at what now is Brigham Young-Idaho. That's okay as I eventually graduated from the University of Utah in 1997. My first brush of college honestly was a struggle for me. I somehow survived and it eventually turned out to be a great experience for me. It was a time for firsts for me.

Now here are the greatest songs of 1985. If a song was released as a single I went with that year year as a release date. Some of these songs were released on a CD in 1984, but weren't released as a single until 1985. I counted those as a song from 1985. Those songs with a number are where that song ended on the Year End Chart of 1985. These songs are in alphabetical order by artist. If a song from 1984 charts high enough in 1985 that it's ranked in the Top 100 I will include that as a 1985 song.

INXS "This Time":



INXS "What You Need":



Freddie Jackson "You Are My Lady":



The Jets "Crush On You":



The CD was released in 1985, but the actual single itself was released in 1986. Although it breaks my own rules I'm going to keep this song here. The Jets "You Got It All":



"Ain't it wonderful to be alive when the rock and roll plays?" Billy Joel "Keeping The Faith":



Billy Joel "You're Only Human" (Second Wind):



Elton John featuring George Michael "Wrap Her Up":



George Jones "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes":



Howard Jones "Life In One Day":



Howard Jones with the Barenaked Ladies "No One Is To Blame":



41) Howard Jones "Things Can Only Get Better":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites