Tuesday, April 21, 2020

(Finished April 23rd, 2020) A Playlist and Love Letter To Music, Part 2

Hello,

I tweaked and updated this blog on June 8th, 2022.

Tonight I watched the first two episodes of the Hulu series "High Fidelity". I love music geekiness and I love people that love music as much as me. This show is not perfect and it could be better. But it does have its moments and I love it's enthusiasm for music. In the second episode Rob is looking for the perfect playlist, I thought to myself that's a great idea. For this blog I decided I wanted to create a playlist that's also a love letter to music. I'm excited that Debbie Harry will be appearing in an upcoming episode of Season One. And the first rule about playlists is that there are no rules.

There's got to be at least one song by the greatest band ever, Led Zeppelin. 21) "What Is and What Never Should Be":


22) Lauryn Hill "That Thing (Doo Wop)":


23) Joan Jett and the Blackhearts "I Love Rock and Roll":


24) Halsey "Castle":


25) Boom Crash Opera "Onion Skin":


26) Imagine Dragons "Thunder":


From "High Fidelity" to "High Infidelity". 27) REO Speedwagon "Don't Let Him Go":


28) Madonna "Express Yourself":



Many Blues greats have covered this song, but this is the definitive version.
29) Muddy Waters "I'm A King Bee":



30) Trace Adkins "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk":



31) Ventures "Wipe Out":



32) No Doubt "Spiderwebs":



33) U2 "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me Kill Me":


34) The B-52's "Rock Lobster":



35) The Clash "Rock The Casbah":



36) Garbage "Only Happens When It Rains":



37) George Jones "He Stopped Loving Her Today":



38) Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Free Falling":



39) Slash and Fergie "Beautiful/Dangerous":



This song is pure joy, although the topic may not be. 40) Paula Abdul "Straight Up":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites