Saturday, August 8, 2020

(Finished August 8th, 2020) The Top 120 Songs of The 70s On My iTunes, Part 1: Songs 120-101

Hello,

I was at a local place of business the other day and they had the music turned to the music of the 70s. And what a great bunch of songs they played. That inspired me to want to do a 70s music countdown, but I wanted to break a bit out of the normal. Thus I decided to go with the most played 70s songs on my iTunes. You'll notice there are multiple duplicates on here, that comes from buying CDs that have the same songs on them. For instance there's the original CD, a greatest hits CD, a live CD, a bootleg CD etc.

When it came to tie breakers for the songs that had the same number of listens, I ranked them in order of how much I like them.

These songs have 19 listens.
120) Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive":



119) Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song":


All of these songs have 20 listens on my iTunes:

118) Peter Gabriel "Solsbury Hill":



117) The Carpenters "It's Going To Take Some Time":



116) Three Dog Night "Black and White":



115) Climax Blues Band "Couldn't Get It Right":



114) The Babys "Isn't It Time":



113) Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers "Refugee":



112) The Eagles "I Can't Tell You Why":


All of these songs have 21 listens. 

111) Neil Diamond "Crunchy Granola Suite":



110) Looking Glass "Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)":



109) Hall and Oates "Rich Girl":



A fairly obscure but one of my favorite 70s and 80s band. Known mostly for "My Sharona", but they had at least a dozen other great songs. I have written about the Knack many times.
108) The Knack "Frustrated":



107) ELO "Last Train To London":



106) Led Zeppelin "Trampled Under Foot":



105) Smokey Robinson and the Miracles "Tears Of A Clown":



104) The Who "Baba O'Riley":



103) AC/DC "Highway To Hell":



102) Boston "Party":



101) Harry Chapin Jr. "Cats In The Cradle":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites