Tuesday, August 11, 2020

(Finished August 15th, 2020) Songs About Regret, Part 1: Songs 1 to 20

Hello,

Why are sad songs, songs about loss and mourning and songs about regret so damn good? So many of these songs will be on my upcoming Greatest Songs of All-Time. This blog doesn't come from personal experience and is actually the opposite of what I'm feeling tonight. With Kamala Harris being named as Joe Biden's running mate I'm actually feeling quite hopeful. But sometimes I just want to listen to music and all of these songs are so great.

1) Darius Rucker "Don't Think I Don't Think About It":


2) Harry Chapin "Cats In The Cradle":


3) Cher "If I Could Turn Back Time":



4) New Order "Regret":


Although this song has this line "Regrets, I've had a few", this song is about not having regrets.
5) Frank Sinatra "My Way":


6) James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt "Somewhere Out There":



7) Dionne Warwick "I Know That I Will Never Love This Way Again":



8) Chicago "Look Away":



9) Chicago "Hard To Say I'm Sorry":



10) Willie Nelson "Always On My Mind":



11) Linda Ronstadt "Still Within The Sound of My Voice":


12) Meat Loaf "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad":


13) Travis Tritt "Help Me Hold On":


14) Terry Jacks "Seasons In The Sun":



15) Eddie Money "Walk On Water":



16) Shenandoah "Two Dozen Roses":



Regrets about musicians we'll never get back and a way of life that has disappeared. 
17) Don McLean "American Pie":



18) Lewis Capaldi "Someone You Loved":



19) Gotye featuring Kimbra "Someone That I Used To Know":



20) Reba McEntire "One Promise Too Late":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites