Monday, August 17, 2020

(Finished August 17th, 2020) The Ten Best Musicians of the 80s, Part 7: Happy Birthday Madonna, Part 2

Happy Birthday to one of my all-time favorite 80s babes,

I was chilling on YouTube when I stumbled across a Prince concert, which reminds me of how great of a musician, singer, performer and songwriter etc he was. (Let's be honest, he wasn't a very good actor.) I was inspired to write a series of blogs about the Top Ten musicians of the 80s. But I wanted to rely on someone else's Top Ten, so I Googled my way around the internet. One list had The Beastie Boys as #1, another list had Kenny Rogers as #1- um, no and no. Don't get me wrong I love both of those artists, but neither are even close to #1. I came across a udiscovermusic.com blog about The Top Ten Superstars of the 80s. I may have a few quibbles with their Top Ten, but overall it's a pretty solid list.

Other musicians that should be considered for any Top Ten 80s musicians include RUN-D.M.C., Def Leppard, U2, George Michael, R.E.M., Duran Duran (or as the kids called them back in the day Duran squared), Journey, Tina Turner, Van Halen, Ozzy, The Boss and a few others.

Here, in no particular order, is udiscovermusic.com's Top 10 80s artists. It should be obvious which musicians are the ones I like the most. Yes, Madonna is one of those musicians. She had a mix of fire, beauty and that overwhelming musicianship. She also picked great songs or had people help pick great songs for her. Great talent with great songs made her one of the Top Ten 80s musicians. And let's not forget how good she was at marketing her brand.

These are Madonna's best songs of the 80s:

17) "Jimmy Jimmy":



Yet another one of my favorite Madonna songs. 18) "Who's That Girl":



19) "Causing A Commotion":



20) "Like A Prayer":



21) "Express Yourself":



22) "Till Death Do Us Part":



23) "Promise To Try":



24) "Oh Father":



25) Keep It Together":


featuring Jellybean Benitez 26) "Sidewalk Talk":


featuring Prince 27) "Love Song":


28) "Burning Up":


29) "Borderline":


30) "Cherish":


31) "Angel":


32) "Dear Jessie":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites