Friday, August 14, 2020

(Started July 17th, 2020, Finished March 8th, 2023) B101's Top 500 Songs of the 80s, Part 6: Songs 400-381

Hello,

Because I haven't taken on enough projects already I decided I'd start yet another project. I Googled The Top Songs of the 80s and found a Billboard list, but I didn't want to pay for that. I'm sure that Billboard would call that proprietary information. Next I thought I could do my Top 100 80s songs on my iTunes, but that ended up being too much work. I continued Googling and stumbled across this B101 countdown- they're an 80s and More station out of Providence. Since I found this easily and there's no financial strings attached I'm hoping this isn't proprietary information. Thanks to B101.

Why so many 80s blogs you may ask, that's because 80s music never gets old.

400) Johnny Kemp "Just Got Paid":


399) The Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited":


398) Richard Marx "Endless Summer Nights":


397) Young MC "Bust A Move":


396) Survivor "I Can't Hold Back":


395) Glenn Frey "You Belong To The City":


394) Thompson Twins "Doctor! Doctor!":


393) Dream Academy "Life In A Northern Town":


392) Huey Lewis and the News "Hip To Be Square":


391) Milli Vanilli "Baby Don't Forget My Number":


390) Erasure "A Little Respect":


This is a very mediocre song and I don't believe it to be one of the 500 best 80s songs. Maybe I'll have to take that back as this is a much more rockin' version of this song than I'm used to. 389) Todd Rundgren "Bang The Drum All Day":


I wonder what Bobby Brown thinks looking at this video. How long after this video did he go through puberty? 388) New Edition "Cool It Now":


One of the weaker songs on this list, it should be in the 490s if even on this list at all. 387) Timbuk 3 "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades":


386) Sly Fox "Let's Go All The Way":


385) Steve Winwood "Back In The High Life Again":


384) Baltimora "Tarzan Boy":


383) Escape Club "Wild Wild West":


382) Kenny Loggins "This Is It":


381) Aretha Franklin "Freeway of Love":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites