Thursday, August 27, 2020

(Finished August 27th, 2020) The Top 5 Songs + #100 Ranked Song Every Year I've Been Alive Part Eight: 1985: Expanded Edition, Part 8

Hello,

These are the greatest songs of 1985 of all genres. I spent a few hours today finding these songs from all genres. 1985 was a pretty big year for me, it was the year that I graduated from Woods Cross High School. Wildcats!! I also worked at Safeways at that time. Then that Fall I left home for the first time to go to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho. I think I might still be on academic probation at what now is Brigham Young-Idaho. That's okay as I eventually graduated from the University of Utah in 1997. My first brush of college honestly was a struggle for me. I somehow survived and it eventually turned out to be a great experience for me. It was a time for firsts for me.

Now here are the greatest songs of 1985. If a song was released as a single I went with that year as the release date. Some of these songs were released on a CD in 1984, but weren't released as a single until 1985. I counted those as a song from 1985. Those songs with a number are where that song ended on the Year End Chart of 1985. These songs are in alphabetical order by artist. If a song from 1984 charts high enough in 1985 that it's ranked in the Top 100 I will include that as a 1985 song.

9) Madonna "Crazy For You":



98) Madonna "Dress You Up":



2) Madonna "Like A Virgin":



58) Madonna "Material Girl":



Barbara Mandrell "Angel In Your Arms":



I somehow missed this song back in the day, which is amazing how much music I've listened to over the years. This song is pretty much my entire knowledge of this band. Marillion "Kayleigh":


63) The Mary Jane Girls "In My House":



Reba McEntire "Somebody Should Leave":



Ronnie McDowell "In A New York Minute":



Mel McDaniels "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On":



Mel McDaniels "Let It Roll (Let It Rock)":



Mel McDaniels "Stand Up":



John Cougar Mellencamp "Lonely Ol' Night":



John Cougar Mellencamp "Rain On The Scarecrow":



John Cougar Mellencamp "R.O.C.K. In The USA":



John Cougar Mellencamp "Small Town":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites