Wednesday, April 27, 2022

(Finished April 27th, 2022) Part 1 of The Best Forty-Two Country Songs of 1977

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile

I'll pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

Sticking with the theme this is the first part of the twenty best Country songs of 1977.

1) Glen Campbell "Southern Nights":

2) The Kendalls "Heavens Just A Sin Away":

What a beautiful song!! 3) Ronnie Milsap "It Was Almost Like A Song":


If you find yourself singing "It's so easy to rent to own", you are forgiven. This is the kind of melody that gets stuck in one's head. 4) Linda Ronstadt "It's So Easy":


What a heart breaking song. 5) Kenny Rogers "Lucille":


Sang previously by the incomparable Patsy Cline, then later sang by the incomparable Miss Lynn. 
6) Loretta Lynn "She's Got You":


7) Tanya Tucker "Dancing The Night Away":


8) Charlie Rich "Rollin With The Flow":


9) "Luckenbach, Texas (Back To The Basics of Life)":


10) Jerry Reed "Eastbound and Down":


11) Johnny Paycheck "Take This Job And Shove It":


12) Don Williams "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend":


13) Crystal Gayle "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue":


14) Linda Ronstadt "Blue Bayou":


15) Dave and Sugar "Don't Throw It All Away":

16) Dolly Parton "Here You Come Again":

17) Jimmy Buffett "Margaritaville":

18) Eddie Rabbitt "I Can't Help Myself":


19) Johnny Duncan and Janie Fricke "It Couldn't Have Been Any Better":


20) Mary MacGregor "Torn Between Two Lovers":


21) Emmylou Harris "(You Can Never Tell) Cie la Vie":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites