Tuesday, April 12, 2022

(Started April 12th, 2022) Part 3 of themusicaddict's Top 70 Eighties Songs on My iTunes

Hello,

I did this as mostly an exercise for myself. I wanted to see how and which 80s songs I listened to most and I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised by the #1 song. It's a great song, but how did it get to #1? This is influenced by how long the song has been on my iTunes, what concerts I've gone to see and some of the songs downloaded from my iPod twice. That's the main factor why the #1 song is the most played. It's also clear that how much I like a song has relatively little bearing on how many songs it's played.

I'm also going to post the video for the song that I would have predicted would have been my most played song if I had been asked.

"Rhythm Nation" is both my #1 and #2 most played Janet Jackson 80s song, it has 49 and 44 listens. It's gained a few listens since I started this blog. It only had 43 blogs when I started working on this blog. 59) Janet Jackson "Rhythm Nation" Year: 1989, 43 plays:


"Nasty" is my 3rd and 4th most played 80s Janet Jackson song with 39 and 31 listens:


"What Have You Done For Me Lately" is my fifth most played 80s Janet Jackson song, it has 22 listens:


I definitely thought "Black Cat" would have been much higher, it is my sixth most played 80s Janet Jackson song with 13 listens:


58) Guns N' Roses "Paradise City" Year: 1987, 43 plays:


I would've guessed either the above song, "Mr. Brownstone":


or "Welcome To The Jungle" would have been my most played G N' R 80s song: 


Indeed "Paradise City" is #1 and "Mr. Brownstone" is my second most played 80s Guns N' Roses song. It has 41 listens.

Surprisingly "Think About You" is #3 in that category, it has 38 listens:


While "Welcome To The Jungle" is my sixth most played 80s Guns N' Roses song, my fourth most played 80s Guns N' Roses song is the excellent "Nightrain", it has 37 listens:


My second through fifth played 80s Clash songs are 2) "I Fought The Law" with 41 listens:


 3 and 4) "Train In Vain" with 38 and 27 listens:


 and 5) "Rock The Casbah" with 23 listens: 


57) The Clash "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" Year: 1982, 43 plays:


Right off the top of my head I would have had no clue what my second most played 80s Clash song would be. However when I saw what song it was there was no surprise. "Rock the Casbah" is my second and third most played 80s Clash song, it has 23 and 14 listens.
56) ZZ Top "Tubesnake Boogie", Year: 1981, 44 plays:


I would have predicted "Stages" would be my most played 80s ZZ Top song, but it's only second. "Stages" has 32 listens.


"Got Me Under Pressure" is my third most played 80s ZZ Top song, it has 30 listens:


These songs are tied for fourth place in this category, both songs have 9 listens, "I Got The Message":


"Dirty Dog":


themusicadict

No comments:

Favorites