Monday, April 25, 2022

(Started April 25th, 2022) The Best Thirty-Five Rock Songs of 1977

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile

I'll pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

Tonight I was in a rock mood and for some reason, the rock music of 1977 was the music I wanted to explore.

I did a bit of research and have updated this blog on April 26th, 2022.

1) Boston "More Than A Feeling":

2) Bonnie Tyler "It's A Heartache":

3) Carly Simon "Nobody Does It Better":

4) Electric Light Orchestra "Telephone Line":

5) Boz Scaggs "Lido Shuffle":

6) Foreigner "Cold As Ice":

7) Foreigner "Feels Like The First Time":

8) ELO "Turn To Stone":


9) Fleetwood Mac "Dreams":

10) Steve Miller Band "Fly Like An Eagle":

11) Styx "Come Sail Away":

12) Supertramp "Give A Little Bit":

13) Ram Jam "Black Betty":

14) The Steve Miller Band "Jet Airliner":

15) Kiss "Calling Dr. Love":

16) Foreigner "Long, Long Way From Home":


17) Eric Clapton "Lay Down Sally":


18) Jimmy Buffett "Margaritaville":


19) Heart "Barracuda":


20) "Blinded By The Light":

21) Queen "Somebody To Love":

22) Al Stewart "Year of the Cat":

23) Aerosmith "Walk This Way":

24) Heart "Kick It Out":

25) Kiss "Love Gun":

26) Kiss "Christine Sixteen":

27) Kansas "Carry On My Wayward Son":

28) "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth":

29) Styx "The Grand Illusion":

30) "Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man)":

31) The Babys "Isn't It Time":

32) Elvis Presley "Way Down":

33) Jackson Browne "Load Out/ Stay":

34) Meat Loaf "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth":

35) Eddie Money "Baby Hold On":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites