Wednesday, April 13, 2022

(Finished April 13th, 2022) Part 4 of themusicaddict's Top 70 Eighties Songs on My iTunes

Hello,

I did this as mostly an exercise for myself. I wanted to see how and which 80s songs I listened to most and I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised by the #1 song. It's a great song, but how did it get to #1? This is influenced by how long the song has been on my iTunes, what concerts I've gone to see and some of the songs downloaded from my iPod twice. That's the main factor why the #1 song is the most played. It's also clear that how much I like a song has relatively little bearing on how many songs it's played.

I'm also going to post the video for the song that I would have predicted would have been my most played song if I had been asked.

I would have predicted "Greatest Love of All" or "Saving All My Love For You" would have been my most played 80s Whitney Houston song. In case you're wondering "I Will Always Love You" is only my 35th most played Whitney Houston song. My fifth through second most played 80s Whitney songs are 5) "Greatest Love of All": with 25 listens:


4) "Do You Hear What I Hear?" has 26 listens:


3) "How Will I Know" (and "Didn't We Almost Have It All" a second time. Both have 28 listens:


2) "Didn't We Almost Have It All" with 36 listens:


55) Whitney Houston "So Emotional" Year 1987, 44 plays:


I don't have this song on my iTunes, but I wanted to give "AFOS" at least a fourth song. This isn't a terrible song and it's also the first time I have heard it. "The More You Live, The More You Love":


I would have guessed "I Ran (So Far Away) would have been my most played AFOS song of any decade. My fourth through second most played 80s AFOS songs. 
 The incredibly beautiful Jennifer Connelly fits perfectly with this song. 4) "Space Age Love Song" has 5 listens:


3) "I Ran (So Far Away)" has 9 listens. See below.
2) "Wishing (If I Had A Photograph)" with 10 listens:


 54) A Flock of Seagulls "I Ran (So Far Away)" Year 1982, 44 plays:


I would have guessed that "The Last In Line" would have been my most played 80s Dio song. My fifth through second most played Dio songs are:
5) "Last In Line" has 27 listens:


4) "Hungry For Heaven" has 30 listens:


3) "Holy Diver" has 31 listens:


2) "Rainbow In The Dark" has 32 listens:


53) Dio "One Night In The City": Year 1984, 44 plays:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites