Thursday, April 28, 2022

(Finished April 28th, 2022) The Best Thirtyish Country Songs of 1978

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile

I'll pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

Sticking with the theme this is the first part of the thirty best Country songs of 1978.

One of the most beautiful songs of all-time. 1) Anne Murray "You Needed Me":

2) Exile "Kiss You All Over":

3) Barbara Mandrell "Sleeping Single In A Double Bed":


4) Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys":


5) Olivia Newton-John "A Little More Love":


6) Kenny Rogers "Love Or Something Like It":


7) Kenny Rogers and Dottie West "Everytime Two Fools Collide":


8) Ronnie Milsap "Only One Love In My Life":


9) Ronnie Milsap "Let's Take The Long Way Around The World":


10) Emmylou Harris and the Hot Band "Two More Bottles of Wine":


11) Charley Pride "Burgers and Fries":


12) Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash "There Ain't No Good Chain Gang":


13) The Oak Ridge Boys "You're The One":


14) Dolly Parton "Two Doors Down":


15) Barbara Mandrell "Woman To Woman":


16) John Conlee "Lady Lay Down":


17) The Oak Ridge Boys "Crying Again":


18) Willie Nelson "All of Me":


19) "Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out Of Hand":


20) John Conlee "Rose Colored Glasses":


21) "The Gambler":


22) Anne Murray "Walk Right By":


23) Dottie West and Kenny Rogers "Anyone Who Isn't Me Tonight":


24) Charlie Rich "Beautiful Woman":


25) Dolly Parton "Heartbreaker":


26) Mickey Gilley "Here Comes The Hurt Again":


27) Kenny Rogers "She Believes In Me":

28) Willie Nelson "Blue Skies":

29) Eddie Rabbitt "Hearts On Fire":

30 Don Williams "Tulsa Time":


31) Eddie Rabbitt "I Just Want To Love You":


32) Eddie Rabbitt "You Don't Love Me Anymore":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites