Saturday, April 30, 2022

(Started April 30th, 2022) The Best Twenty-Eight Funk/ Soul/ Rap Songs of 1982

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile.

I'll pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

Sometimes I like to organize these blogs by genre. The main problem with that is some songs could be genre defying. Just what genre is Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's "Hooked On Classics". Some songs can be multiple genres. I would argue The Go-Go's could be rock or pop. Also some bands have songs that could be considered multiple genres, see Journey, Foreigner and a few other bands. So admitting all those issues I tried to be as consistent as possible.

Sticking with the theme this is the first part of the thirty best funk/soul/rap songs of 1982.

1) The Dazz Band "Let It Whip":

2) Ray Parker Jr. "The Other Woman":

3) The Gap Band "You Dropped A Bomb On Me":

4) George Benson "Turn Your Love Around":

5) Earth, Wind and Fire "Let's Groove":

6) The Gap Band "Early In The Morning":


7) Midnight Star "Strike A Match":


8) Roberta Flack "Making Love":


9) The Pointer Sisters "I'm So Excited":


10) Donna Summer with Art of Noise "State of Independence":


11) Earth, Wind and Fire "Wanna Be With You":


12) Stevie Wonder "That Girl":


13) Diana Ross "Why Do Fools Fall In Love":


14) The Commodores "Oh No":

15) Deniece Williams "It's Gonna Take A Miracle":


16) Stacy Lattisaw "Hey There Lonely Boy":


17) Kool and The Gang "Get Down On It":

18) Diana Ross "Muscles":


19) Patrice Rushen "Forget Me Not":

20) Stevie Wonder "Do I Do":


21) Donna Summer "Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)":

22) The Gap Band "Outstanding":

23) Diana Ross "Mirror Mirror":

24) Evelyn King "Love Come Down":

25) Lionel Richie "Truly":

26) Stacy Lattisaw "Don't Throw It All Away":

27) Jeffrey Osborne "On The Wings of Love":

28) Atlantic Starr "Love Me Down":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites