Saturday, April 2, 2022

(Finished April 2nd, 2022) Part 1 of themusicaddict's Top 70 Eighties Songs on My iTunes

Hello,

I did this as mostly an exercise for myself. I wanted to see how and which 80s songs I listened to most and I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised by the #1 song. It's a great song, but how did it get to #1? This is influenced by how long the song has been on my iTunes, what concerts I've gone to see and some of the songs downloaded from my iPod twice. That's the main factor why the #1 song is the most played. It's also clear that how much I like a song has relatively little bearing on how many songs it's played.

I'm also going to post the video for the song that I would have predicted would have been my most played song if I had been asked.

This is one of three AC/DC songs on this list. The song that is my most played AC/DC song is a song that doesn't surprise me at all. I will get to that later on. 70) AC/DC "Hells Bells" Year: 1980, 41 plays:


My third most played 80s AC/DC song "You Shook Me All Night Long":


My fourth most played 80s AC/DC song "Meanstreak", I'm so surprised this song has 28 iTunes listens. I mean it's a good song, but it's not even in my Top 20 favorite songs.


My fifth and sixth most played 80s songs "For Those To About To Rock (We Salute You)", it has 26 and 25 listens. 


This song has 42 listens. and it's no surprise it's my most played Y&T song. 69) Y&T "Summertime Girls" Year: 1985, 42 plays:


My next highest played Y&T song is "Brothers In Arms", which has 11 listens. But there are no YouTube videos for that, so here's "Lipstick and Leather":


68) Van Halen "Unchained": Year: 1987, 42 plays


I would have predicted possibly my most played songs would have been one of these three songs. "Black and Blue", which is my second most played Van Halen 80s song with 38 listens.


This is my 11th and 12th most played Van Halen song at 24 and 22 listens. "Finish What Ya Started":


I would have also expected "Cabo Wabo" to be at least near my most played Van Halen songs. But it's only my 25th highest played Van Halen song with 12 listens.


I would have predicted that his duet with Linda Ronstadt "Somewhere Out There" would be #1, but then I remember it's not even on my iTunes. I'm not buying a whole CD for just one song. What an amazing song. 67) James Ingram "Just Once": Year: 1981, 42 plays:


James Ingram and Linda Ronstadt "Somewhere Out There":


There is no way I would have predicted that this would by my most played 80s Prince song. It's a great jam from the "Batman" movie, but it's still not the amazing "When Doves Cry".

66) Prince "Trust": Year: 1989,  42 plays:


38 listens. "Baby I'm A Star":


32 listens. "When Doves Cry":


27 listens. "Take Me With You":


26 listens "Kiss":


Almost 32 million views. 25 listens "Little Red Corvette":


Only 22 million YouTube views? That's a damn disgrace. 21 listens "Let's Go Crazy":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites