Tuesday, April 26, 2022

(Started April 26th, 2022) The Best Twenty-Eight Disco Songs of 1977

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile

I'll pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started an earlier year but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still 15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere between five to ten to who knows songs for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. So much for the five to ten songs for each year.

Sticking with the theme these are the best Disco songs of 1977.

1) Meco "Star Wars Theme":

2) The Commodores "Brick House":

3) The Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive":

4) The Bee Gees "How Deep Is Your Love":

5) The Bee Gees "Night Fever":

6) The Bee Gees "More Than A Woman":

7) Yvonne Elliman "If I Can't Have You":


8) Walter Murphy & The Big Apple Band "A Fifth Of Beethoven":

9) David Shire "Night On Disco Mountain":

10) The Bee Gees "Jive Talkin":

11) The Bee Gees "You Should Be Dancing":

12) KC and the Sunshine Band "Boogie Shoes":

13) The Trammps "Disco Inferno":

14) Samantha Sang with the Bee Gees "Emotion":

15) "Our Love Don't Throw It All Away":

16) Chic "Dance Dance Dance":


17) Andy Gibb "I Just Want To Be Your Everything":


18) Andy Gibb "Love Is Thicker Than Water":


19) The Village People "In Hollywood (Everyone Is A Star)":


20) Barry White "It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me":

This song was released late in 1976, but was a big hit in 1977. 21) Thelma Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way":

22) KC and the Sunshine Band "Boogie Man":

23) "Keep It Comin' Love":

24) Heatwave "Boogie Nights":

25) Paul Nicholas "Heaven On

Whoever knew a Bread song was remade into a disco song? 26) The Whispers "Make It With You":

27) Abba "Knowing Me, Knowing You":

28) Abba "The Name of the Game":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites