Saturday, April 2, 2022

(Started April 3rd, 2022) Part 2 of themusicaddict's Top 70 Eighties Songs on My iTunes

Hello,

I did this as mostly an exercise for myself. I wanted to see how and which 80s songs I listened to most and I didn't know what to expect. I was surprised by the #1 song. It's a great song, but how did it get to #1? This is influenced by how long the song has been on my iTunes, what concerts I've gone to see and some of the songs downloaded from my iPod twice. That's the main factor why the #1 song is the most played. It's also clear that how much I like a song has relatively little bearing on how many songs it's played.

I'm also going to post the video for the song that I would have predicted would have been my most played song if I had been asked.

I don't know that if I had heard Martini Ranch that I would have thought of this song, I do love this song. Yes that is Bill Paxton in that video, he was a member of Martini Ranch. This is such a great song, but it's pretty obscure. It only has 142,000 YouTube views. 65) Martini Ranch "Reach" Year: 1988, 42 plays:


This seems to be Martini Ranch's second most famous song and I do think it's a cool song. "How Can The Labouring Man Find Time For Self Culture?":


This is my second highest played Kenny Loggins 80s song. 64) Kenny Loggins "I'm Alright": Year: 1980, 42 plays:


But I would have guessed that "Footloose", which is my 5th most played 80s Kenny Loggins song with 15 listens:


or Danger Zone my #4 Kenny Loggins 80s song with 36 listens:


This is one of several songs that I would have thought would be my most played INXS 80s song. 63) INXS "New Sensation" Year: 1987, 42 plays:


The above song or any of the those songs below "Need You Tonight" is both the #2 and #7 most played 80s INXS song, it has 41 and 27 plays:


"What You Need" is the 6th and 10th most played INXS 80s song, it has 26 and 15 plays. 


I wouldn't have had a song to pick as my most played 80s song, but "Twilight" would have been logical to me. I heard that song played for the first time in a junior high gym a million years ago. I've always loved that song. 62) ELO "Twilight" Year: 1987, 42 listens:


Other 80s ELO songs that have been played several times. Those include my # 2 most played ELO song, it has 26 listens. "Don't Walk Away":


"Hold On Tight" has 21 listens, my #3 most played 80s ELO song:


"All Over The World' has 21 listens, which makes it my #4 most played 80s ELO song:


This is both my #1 and #2 most played 80s Blue Oyster Cult song, yes it is on this countdown twice. 61) Blue Oyster Cult "Burnin' For You" Year: 1981, 42 plays:


The only other BOC song that has double digit plays is "Veterans of Psychic Wars", it has 10 listens:


60) Rick Springfield "Love Is Alright Tonight": Year: 1981, 43 plays

Like you I would have predicted that "Jessie's Girl" would be my most played Rick Springfield song, but it's actually only my fifth most played 80s Rick Springfield song. It only has 5 listens.

My second most played 80s Rick Springfield song is "Human Touch", it has 12 listens.


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites