Sunday, July 10, 2022

(Finished July 10th, 2022) The Best Twenty One Songs of 1960

Hello,

I've been wanting to do a blog series like this for awhile

I will pick five or more songs from 1953 to 2022. I would've started a year earlier but I'm not very familiar with songs of the years up to 1952. In 1952 I was still -15 years from being born, please forgive me for my lack of knowledge. 1953 is the first year I actually know six songs by title alone. I'll be posting anywhere as many songs as feels appropriate for each year. As these blogs continue I find more songs that I can't find a reason to leave off the list. 

1960, Part 1:

1) Percy Faith "Theme From A Summer Place":


2) The Everly Brothers "Cathy's Clown":


3) Johnny Preston "Running Bear":


4) Mark Dinning "Teen Angel":

5) Brenda Lee "I'm Sorry":

"Come on everybody......." 6) Chubby Checker "The Twist":

7) The Brothers Four "Greenfields":

8) The Hollywood Argyles "Alley Oop":


9) Bryan Hyland "She Wore A Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini":


10) Paul Anka "Puppy Love":

1960, Part 2:

1) The Ventures "Walk Don't Run":


2) Paul Anka "Puppy Love":


3) Johnny Horton "Sink The Bismarck":


4) Sam Cooke "Chain Gang":


5) The Platters "Harbor Lights":


6) Ray Peterson "Tell Laura I Love Her":


7) Sam Cooke "What A Wonderful World":


8) The Everly Brothers "When Will I Be Loved":


9) Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs "Stay":


10) Bobby Rydell "Wild One":


11) The Everly Brothers "Let It Be Me":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites