Wednesday, July 6, 2022

(Finished July 6th, 2022) Part 5 of The 102 Best Songs of the 1990s

Hello,

The way I'm doing this is I'm going to post the Top 102 greatest 90s songs in order of the way I thought of them. Once I hit 102 songs I will go and look at the 102 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 101st song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 100 songs and have truly the 100 greatest 1990s songs of all-time. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 102 greatest 1990s songs.

I will also post other great 90s songs by each band listed if motivated enough. As all of these artists are so much more than one of the 100 greatest songs of the 1990s. Yeah I'm going to try and do all the decades from the 1950s to now, some decades will be harder/easier than others. It's likely not all of these songs will still be around in the final edition of this decade's Top 102 Best Songs.

I included Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares 2 U" and M.C. Hammer's "U Can't Touch This" in with the best songs of the 80s. I won't be including those songs here.

Over 363 million YouTube views. 69) The Goo Goo Dolls "Iris":


Slightly over 8.2 million YouTube views. 70) Mariah Carey "Someday":


Over 15.5 million YouTube views. 71) The Black Crowes "Remedy":


I'm a bit surprised that there's not more R.E.M. in my Top 100 decade rankings. Slightly over 16.2 million YouTube views. 72) R.E.M. "Drive":


About to hit 95 million YouTube views. 73) Dido "Here With Me":


Only 33,000 YouTube views, but this brutal look into the ending of relationships deserves a lot more listens. 74) Sinead O'Connor "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance":


Over 45 million YouTube views. The song is so good it makes these rankings even though it's sung completely in German. 75) Rammstein "Du Hast":


Over 67 million YouTube views from this one of many of Duran Duran's comebacks. 76) Duran Duran "Ordinary World":


Almost 7.9 million YouTube views. 77) Harvey Danger "Flagpole Sitta":


I knew this, as a sappy love song, would have a lot of views. And I was right, it has over 390 million 
YouTube views. 78) Savage Garden "Truly Madly Deeply":


Only 628,000 views but this video is just a couple of months ago. 79) Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch "Good Vibrations":


Almost 2.3 million YouTube videos. 80) Pearl Jam "Crazy Mary":


Not surprisingly relatively few YouTube views, this video just barely passed 9.5 million YouTube views. Shawn Colvin 81) "Sunny Came Home":


Yes that's both Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell in this video and singing this song. This song has almost 93 million YouTube views. 82) Temple of the Dog "Hunger Strike":


Almost 50 million YouTube views, honestly this video has more views than I expected. 83) Candlebox "Far Behind":


Only 6 million YouTube views? Scandalous. 84) Johnny Gill "Rub You The Right Way":


Over 31 million YouTube views. 85) Smashing Pumpkins "Disarm":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites