Sunday, July 24, 2022

(Finished July 24th, 2022) Part 1 of The 102 Best Country Songs of the 1980s

Hello,

I'm going to post the Top 102 greatest 80s country songs mostly in the way I thought of them. Once I hit 102 songs I will go and look at the 102 listed songs and see if there are any other songs that the 103rd song might be better than. If so I will replace the previously listed song. That way I can stay at 102 songs and have truly the 102 greatest 80s songs of all-time. I'm starting to get lazy so I may or may not do that. This isn't a ranking by best songs, that's just too much work. As best as I can these are the 102 greatest 80s country songs.

I may or may not post other great 80s songs by each band listed. All of these artists are so much more than one of the 102 greatest songs of the 80s. Since most of my blogs have 17 songs each I upped this to the 102 Best Songs of the 80s. That would be six blogs with seventeen songs = 102 songs.

This is in conjunction with my Top 102 Best Songs of each decade from the 50s to the 20s. I limited those blogs to the 102 best non-country songs.

1) Dolly Parton " 9 to 5":

2) Alabama "Can't Keep A Good Man Down":

3) Earl Thomas Conley "Fire and Smoke":

4) Willie Nelson "Always On My Mind":

5) George Strait "The Chair":

6) Dwight Yoakam "Honky Tonk Man":

7) Juice Newton "Angel of the Morning":

8) Deborah Allen "Baby I Lied":

9) John Anderson "Wild and Blue":

10) The Highwaymen "The Highwayman":

11) George Strait "Amarillo By Morning":

12) Keith Whitley "Don't Close Your Eyes":

13) Clint Black "Killin' Time":

Is this the greatest country song ever? Is this the greatest ballad ever? Is this the greatest 80s song ever? Or is this just simply the greatest song of all-time?14) Keith Whitley "When You Say Nothing At All";


15) Merle Haggard "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink":


16) Mel McDaniel "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On":


17) Clint Black "A Better Man":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites