Tuesday, October 18, 2022

(Finished October 18th, 2022) Part 4 of "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything", The Best of 1971

Hello,

I have no connection to the Apple series "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything". However I started watching the 8 episode season tonight and reliving all that history and great music. I'll use this series as an inspiration for this blog. 1971 was a weird year in many away. One of the biggest artists of that year was The Osmonds. I was only 4 that year so I didn't have an opinion, but my opinion I'm sure would not have been that high. Looking back now I'm still shocked. How did a bunch of white Utah Mormon boys be in the same league as Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin and many others?

 "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything":

The Guitar Historian's look at the best albums of 1971:

From the David Bowie album "Hunky Dory":

52) "Changes":


53) "Life on Mars?":


54) Jethro Tull "Aqualung":


55) Jethro Tull "Locomotive Breath":

From The Rolling Stones album "Sticky Fingers": 56) "Brown Sugar":


57) "Wild Horses":


58) "Dead Flowers":

From The Doors' album.  "L.A. Woman": 59) "L.A. Woman":

60) "Love Her Madly":

61) "Riders On The Storm":

62) "The Changeling":

63) The Doors "The W.A.S.P (Texas Radio and The Big Beat)":


These next two songs are from Bob Marley and the Wailers third CD "Soul Revolution 2". 64) Bob Marley and the Wailers "Sun Is Shining":


65) "Kaya":

 From the Rod Stewart album  "Every Picture Tells A Story":

66) "Maggie May":


The remade version he did on MTV Unplugged was much better than this version. 67) "Reason To Believe":


68) "I Know I'm Losing You":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites