Saturday, October 22, 2022

(Started October 22nd, 2022) Part 1 of WatchMojo's Top 20 One Hit Wonders (Plus Other Great Songs)

Hello,

WatchMojo.com Top 20's 90s One Hit Wonders. I wanted to go back to the 90s for today's blog.

20) 4 Non Blondes "What's Going On":


Linda Perry is probably better known for the songs she has helped write. Songs such as:

The lyrics are not for the faint of heart. Christina Aguilera "Candyman":


Pink "Get The Party Started":


Where has this version been all of my life? Or at least since it was released? Shirley Bassey "Get The Party Started":


Christina Aguilera "Keeps Gettin' Better":


Gwen Stefani "What Are You Waiting For":


19) Sir Mix-A-Lot "Baby Got Back":


"Posse On Broadway":


"My Hooptie";


She's much better than I expected. Though she only had one "hit", she has a lot of great songs. 
18) Lisa Loeb "Stay (I Missed You)":


"Wonder":


I like this song so much that I'm going to give her one more video. This is with 9 Stories "Do You Sleep":


I've heard this song before!! "I Do":


17) Republica "Ready To Go":


I've heard this one. "Drop Dead Gorgeous":


"From Rush Hour With Love":


"Christiana Obey":


Listening to this song again I am realizing it's not that good of a song, it just has that catchy as hell chorus that propels it. These guys are very lucky to even be a one hit wonder. 16) Tag Team "Whoomp! (There It Is)":


So their second best song is basically a remake of the above song? "Addams Family Whoomp":


15) Semisonic "Closing Time":


Semisonic's "Feeling Strangely Fine" is actually a very solid CD, check it out. Other great songs by Semisonic "Chemistry":


"FNT":


"Singing In My Sleep":


"This Will Be My Year":


I like Natalie a lot more after hearing all of these great songs. 14) Natalie Imbruglia "Torn":


Oh I've heard this song as well. "Wrong Impression":


"Shiver":


"Smoke":


13) House of Pain "Jump Around":

Everlast came out of House of Pain and I've liked quite a few of his songs, here's a sampling.

Everlast "Ends":
Everlast "White Trash Beautiful":
"The Warning":
"Pain":
"Ticking Away":
12) Mark Morrison "Return of the Mack":
11) Los Del Rio (Bayside Boys Mix) "Macarena":

No comments:

Favorites