Saturday, May 31, 2014

Proud Dad Moment, My Oldest Son Graduates from High School

Hello,

Since I'm a pretty private person I try to keep this blog away from personal details. However I'd like to make an exception today. The oldest of my 4 children graduated from high school yesterday. He attended Davis High School in Kaysville, Utah. This was the school's 100th graduating class, which is a relatively old school here in Utah.

He wasn't one of the schools top scholars, athletes or artists. He was one of your average every day kids who went to school, did what was needed and graduated. I couldn't be more proud of him if he had been one of his schools top scholars, athletes or artists. He was 1 of 705 kids who are looking towards a bright future and hoping for the best.

Anyway it was a proud Dad moment for me and I was proud to share the moment with him. We celebrated afterwards at our favorite place to eat, Olive Garden. He'll be going to Junior College this fall, which is another proud Dad moment. I know that will further his education in not only in school, but in life. As with any other 18 year old, he still has a lot to learn about life. But I know he can learn what is needed and overcome any obstacle that stands in his way.

I'm proud of you big boy!

Dad (themusicaddict)

No comments:

Favorites