Wednesday, May 14, 2014

themusicaddict's "Crazy" Songs

Hello,

There are quite a few great songs with the word "crazy" in the title, here are some of my favorites. Yes this blog was inspired by my blog from yesterday when I featured Carly Smithson's cover of "Crazy On You".

This is Heart's "Crazy On You":



Of course this is one of the first "crazy" songs I thought of, Ozzy's "Crazy Train":



Sticking with the rock genre, Aerosmith's "Crazy":



Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", Parts 1-9, the full 25 minute version:



Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (I've never seen this video before. Since this is Queen, I'm guessing it's intentionally campy.) :



Of course Queen will be featured again when I write a blog for all the songs that have the word "Bohemian" in the title.

It's not a surprise that Guns N' Roses has a song with the word "crazy" in the title. What's shocking is that they only have one "crazy" song, "You're Crazy" (Acoustic):



Sammy Hagar's "Your Love Is Driving Me Crazy":



Victoria Williams "Crazy Mary":



This song was popularized when Pearl Jam covered the song for "Sweet Relief", an album to raise money for Williams. Although this isn't a song actually written by the members of Pearl Jam, this is still one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs.



The rest of these songs are roughly in chronological order:

The amazing Patsy Cline and one of the very first "crazy" songs:



Paul Simon's "Still Crazy After All These Years":



Paul Davis' "I Go Crazy" (What a powerful song.) :



Madonna's "Crazy For You":



Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" (Who knows how long this video will be available, sadly this version doesn't feature the spoken introduction.) I love this new very funky update of "Let's Go Crazy", this must be his all girl band that I've heard about. This is paired with a very funky new Prince song "Fix Ur Life Up".



Prince does have another new song available on Spotify, it's called "The Breakdown" and frankly it's not very good.

Roland Gift leads the Fine Young Cannibals on "She Drives Me Crazy":



Seal's "Crazy":



Evan and Jaron's "Crazy About This Girl":



An U2 song that doesn't get enough love "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight":



Hunter Hayes "I Want Crazy":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites