Thursday, May 22, 2014

themusicaddict's Top 100 + 2 All-time iTunes Played List (Part 5) (Updated May 25th, 2014)

Hello,

Updated to reflect Whitney Houston moving up a notch.

This is my Top 100 + 2 songs that have been played on my iTunes,  it started on August 29th, 2011. This comes from my iTunes and even I'm surprised about some of the songs on this list. The number of Taylor Swift are a bit skewed because my two middle kids and I went and saw her in concert. At that time they were getting the songs for their iPods from my iTunes. I loaded their iPods with a lot of Ms. Swift's songs. Many songs benefit from being on my Sunday Music playlist, that list contains about 1,600 songs. Plus the 830 songs on my iPod have a much better chance of racking up listens obviously.

Also as most of you probably notice when you listen to iTunes on shuffle, the shuffle seems to favor the same few hundred songs. There's also a lot of 80s songs on here as well, because well I'm old. Plus as iTunes is a living thing and constantly changing, so will this list. When a song in my top 100 plays I'll update my blog accordingly.

All these songs are tied at # 35 with 29 listens:

Quite simply, one of the best ballads ever, Poison's "Every Rose Has Its Thorn":



No Rihanna songs on this list but I do have two LMFAO songs on here, funny how a shared iPod playlist will alter these rankings. "Sexy And I Know It":



This is just one of the amazing songs off the greatest CD of all-time, Led Zeppelin's "IV". The only Led Zeppelin song on here, another surprise, "When The Levee Breaks":



Jeremy Fisher's "Snowflakes":



Blake Shelton's "Ol' Red":



All these songs are tied for #26 with 30 listens:

I'm so very surprised this is the only Whitney Houston song in my Top 100 + 2. Also I don't have any Rihanna songs on this list either. Those two ladies are two of my favorite singers ever. The amazing Whitney Houston singing "Didn't We Almost Have It All":



For some reason it was in the early 90s when Whitney started mixing up the arrangements of her songs when singing live. In my opinion she hurts many of her classics when doing this, as she does above. Was she beginning to lose her voice then or did she just get bored singing the same song over and over again? I don't know, but this is how I prefer to hear this song:


Three songs from the lovely Taylor Swift, "Tim McGraw":



"You Belong With Me":



"White Horse":



Yet another amazing pop nugget from the 80s, Olivia Newton John's "Make A Move On Me":



In case you hadn't realized it, I'm a Mormon. The official name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing Janice Kapp Perry's "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus":



Elvis Costello's "Alison":



Both of these songs are tied for # 26 with 31 listens:

Colbie Caillat's "Bubbly":



Lady Gaga's "Poker Face":



Bonus song to the countdown. And for those of you who were thinking doesn't Colbie Caillat sing that "head under water" song, the answer is no. That's Sara Bareilles' "Lovesong":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites